Jumellea teretifolia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, the aliens have landed! Neat flower and fantastic photos as always. How's its fragrance?

Hi Tom, I managed to check it while the light was out tonight. There is faint fragrance. But it is not a nice one. According to my wife (with a very sensitive nose), she can't quite find anything similar, but she detects a little bit of rose-like component, but it isn't the dominant fragrance. The rose could smell nice when it isn't strong, but when you are surrounded by too many roses, it isn't a pleasant smell (my granduncle used to be a professional rose grower, so we frequently got lots of left-over roses). And she is referring to this unpleasant component. I also can't describe it, but I feel that some animals could smell like this (no specific animal).

Very interesting nectory tube and excellent photography. Great command of the lighting. Studio?

Thank you. White flowers are difficult for me. It is a pretty cheap "studio"-like setting with 8x high CRI LED flood light bulbs: https://orchidborealis.blogspot.com/2016/11/inexpensive-led-lighting-for.html I'm using a reflective umbrella (unlike the pass-through in the blog post) + Westcott 28" Softbox now.

Back