Judging my new bessae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

heliomum

I finally got a Phrag. bessae!:clap::drool::rollhappy: It is just a species orchid with no cultivar and I don't know the parentage. Can I submit it for AOS judging once it flowers and name the cultivar after myself?

Yes, you can give it any cultivar name at any time, within the rules for cultivar names. And yes, you can submit it for AOS judging when it is in flower.

PaphMadMan (Kirk)

Be forewarned though, besseaes have a lot of AOS awards. It may be a while before it is deemed worthy of an AOS award. No offense, but it takes a pretty special Phrag. to get an AOS award...it isn't necessarily plausible to just bloom a Phrag, bring it to a judging center, and have it awarded on a first bloom seedling.

Be forewarned though, besseaes have a lot of AOS awards. It may be a while before it is deemed worthy of an AOS award. No offense, but it takes a pretty special Phrag. to get an AOS award...it isn't necessarily plausible to just bloom a Phrag, bring it to a judging center, and have it awarded on a first bloom seedling.

I do agree, but there is no harm in trying! Good luck!

Ramon:)

I finally got a Phrag. bessae!:clap::drool::rollhappy: It is just a species orchid with no cultivar and I don't know the parentage. Can I submit it for AOS judging once it flowers and name the cultivar after myself?

Most orchid growers are humble people and don't name plants after themselves. Maybe a loved one, a business, a street etc:D

Latest posts

Back