Joyce Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I was hoping for fuller petals but oh well. The flowers have that strange emersonii scent with mildly sweet note. I'm not a fan of emersonii scent.
I got this from Springwater in 2017. Still in its 3inch round pot but the plant has grown so big with each leaf at 8-9in long.
I have another one from the same source which is only about half the size but such a cranky grower that I might just get rid of it.
Then, I have one other large (unfortunately) plant of this cross from Cloud Orchids from 2016 that is sending up a sheath. Fingers crossed on that one!

41065D7D-0526-4DE9-8706-F20BD719AF7B.jpeg

Hopefully prettier than this! 😁🍀🍀
What do you find wrong with this flower? I really like the colour! I only see some symmetry issues. I also have one in bloom with two buds maybe two weeks behind yours. My buds are showing some colour on them but that may be cause mine is using the dunkel form of delenatii.

What do you find wrong with this flower? I really like the colour! I only see some symmetry issues. I also have one in bloom with two buds maybe two weeks behind yours. My buds are showing some colour on them but that may be cause mine is using the dunkel form of delenatii.
I think mine is good average. I cannot get over the image of a very nice one I once saw. So the comparison and the desire stay with me. haha
The fuller petals!! I am looking forward to my next plant to bloom. would love to see how dark yours might open up to be!

Hello!
I figured this would be the best place to add the photos of mine and not a new thread. Not super symmetrical but I am so happy to have it, and two blooms! It has a surprisingly strong fragrance that reminds me of a spiced yet floral soap. I hope they last a good amount time. As I said this is using the dunkel variety but it doesn't look that dark to me.

Attachments

• 20210801_144209_HDR.jpg
    20210801_144209_HDR.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210801_144216_HDR.jpg
    20210801_144216_HDR.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 14
Scott

That looks slightly better than mine. haha
looks like the second bloom is starting to open as well. Mine had one flower open at a time.
How big is the plant? Unfortunately, two of mine are huge. One tiny one is extra slow, which is ridiculous since the other larger two are pretty slow even by paph standards.

Latest posts

Back