Joe's Cyps 2013

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great pics congrats your Peter looks like mine.

by the way are you sure this is a tibeticum and not one of the subkinds

great pics congrats your Peter looks like mine.

by the way are you sure this is a tibeticum and not one of the subkinds

I did wonder about that, but they are all so similar and variable I am tempted to just call them all tibeticum for simplicity's sake anyway, haha.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments! Still more to come!

In the meantime, I found this lying next to my Ulla Silkens when I came home last night, following another hailstorm (this one triggering a tornado warning)...

It's the pouch of an unopened bud :(. In addition to this, one of the shoots was destroyed by a hailstone. This storm packed golf ball-sized hail, although I don't think hail THAT big hit my house, since my glass patio table is unscathed. But my reaction to seeing what WAS a beautiful Ulla brutally crushed could probably be heard at the opposite end of the block... Luckily, all my potted stuff was brought in the house before I left as I had a feeling this would happen, so provided the flowers can last until then I will be able to display them at my society's meeting this weekend.

I spoke too soon, I went out just now and surveyed the damage a bit more closely, and noticed that the stem on my Kathleen Ann Green was torn right in half, so I lost the only bud I had on it. Grrrr....

What absolutely beautiful plants you have. Yours are one of the only types of orchids I don't have. So sorry about the storm damage. I never would have thought orchids could be wintered outsided. How do you do it? It does get pretty cold in Alberta.

Cheryl

What absolutely beautiful plants you have. Yours are one of the only types of orchids I don't have. So sorry about the storm damage. I never would have thought orchids could be wintered outsided. How do you do it? It does get pretty cold in Alberta.

Cheryl

Thanks! They're easy to overwinter since they're fully hardy, even in my area. I don't do anything special, just 2 inches of mulch. These are all either native species, non-native species that come from northern latitudes or high elevations, or hybrids made with such species. Therefore they are equipped to survive harsh winters.

all great again the passerinum I like

could you self it for me, or put the pollen on to a reginae, this cross is really nice, but I cannot find it here anymore

Back