Je Suis Paris‬!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I see it, a suspicious guy weilding a machine gun trying to kill women & childeren for their cause, "the trench coat wearing machine gun hiding terrorists" in france will get shot in the us people will fight them back here because we can carry a weapon, instead of running away while hundreds or thousands of innocent people die. If we just look the other way, pretend nothing is happening we will get attacked over and over and over, we do not live in a disneyland reality

Uh,,,I think you're terribly mistaken on pretty much everything you said.

First off, we have military and police.

Two, whether you have a gun or not, when a group of terrorists start randomly shooting at a crowd of people who are just relaxing and enjoying life, some are sure to get shot and killed and wounded.

It's a surprise attack and I highly doubt that typical civilian who are not trained for situations like that would suddenly get up and start fighting back.
Americans are humans and French or people in any other countries are not any different in responding to situations like that.
Plus, shooting is also not that easy for untrained people unless a target is very up close AND either still or very slow-moving.
No doubt that highly trained people can of course still get wounded or killed.

Also, how many people fought back with guns in recent or any US mass shooting accidents?? I'm pretty sure the answer is none!
And why the hell would a civilian carry a gun on a everyday life in a stable country?

Terror attack is a different category, but as I said earlier, US is about the only country where unnecessary deaths occur way too often because it is easy to get a gun, or people own guns.
This kind of craziness never happens in other developed countries!!!
Do you know why? Go back to my older comments, please.
It's not Disney movie, it is called reality!

Stone, Americans are paranoid for no really good reason
other than keeping us scared keeps most of us under control and easily manipulated...also the NRA money.
There's also the cowboy mentality in which not a few
Americans picture themselves being a hero and riding
off into the sunset. Goofy, I know.

... while hundreds or thousands of innocent people die.

Please, be sensitive.

As far as I know, 32000 people were killed in terrorist acts by islamic groups in the last twelve months; that is terribly high. Don't invent numbers - this is not a war game play on a play station.

Most of these people - not necessary to say 'innocent' anyway - were muslims, and the country where most of them died was Iraq. Ask yourself why and don't forget the role of the usa.

The country where attacks increased dramatically in that period is Nigeria (think of Boko Haram).

Now, since the attacks in Paris, media are full of this news. I don't see any new news about the bomb in the hotel in Mali ... or the attack against security forces in Tunis yesterday, and what has finally happened to the over 200 women captured by boko haram in Nigeria? - ... nor have I ever heard of those news - must have been daily - to fill up to 32000 victims in the last year. Or media seem to cover the wrongly called 'western hemisphere' .

As a spanish journalist put it in tv two days ago: 'si nos conmoviéramos por los muertos de los demás, tendríamos credibilidad moral...' My english is not so good, it is something like 'if we were moved by the deads of the others, we'd have some moral crediblity...'

Call it empathy if you want.

Last edited:
I was a little harsh.
Just had some of talking points up and somehow it got deleted.

If you want to talk, give me a call.
I'm not going to be specific on phone, but I would love to meet you at the Deep Cut Show.

For me, the military is not doing enough.
Police? Either Patrick Lynch or Mayor de Blasio has to go. Too toxic of a relationship. NYPD is the nations leader for anti terrorism. Way too much fighting going on in public.

I don't feel safe. And I took it out on you.
I am sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I used to repair and build navy ships, I literally put back together the uss cole. until george clinton shut it down and closed down all the national guard stations and over 100 military bases

Back