Jason Fischer 4N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Does anyone else have this particular cross?

[Memoria Dick Clements 4N ‘Walter’ x (besseae ‘Peruvian’ x besseae var. dalessandroi) 4N]

It's from Piping Rock. It is definitely my slowest growing Phrag. I got it two years ago and it just pokes along. It has a couple tiny new starts but still shows no sign of spiking. Just wondered if anyone else who had it had bloomed it yet?

I know that in paphs, 4N plants are reputed to be very slow growing and maturing...at least for the Maudiae type paphs. Don't know if it applies to phrags...but it is possible...most "4N's" don't turn out to be true tetraploids...it may be that you do have a true tet....be patient....but keep in mind that we are all holding our breath for you! Take care, Eric

Eric Muehlbauer said:
I know that in paphs, 4N plants are reputed to be very slow growing and maturing...at least for the Maudiae type paphs. Don't know if it applies to phrags...but it is possible...most "4N's" don't turn out to be true tetraploids...it may be that you do have a true tet....be patient....but keep in mind that we are all holding our breath for you! Take care, Eric
Yes, this is also true for 4N besseae hybrids. A lot of colchicine treated plants are called 4N but I don't know if they really are. And H. if you want to get rid of the slow bloomer just stick it into the box also. :evil:

Back