Jason Fischer 4n update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for this plant to open two flowers together and now there are three. The oldest is starting to look a bit the worse for wear with holes in the red but it will keep it for a few days yet. This is the only phrag I grow that keeps flowers like this. Most jettison them when they still look perfect.
It’s a slow grower but chunky. The spikes are quite stiff and generally do not need staking.
8DC4DD1A-9644-45C5-870A-D92FDB1B3DA3.jpeg
AAF49A81-CE8A-4C8B-9BF6-D3880509FA1D.jpeg
David

interesting color for a Jason Fischer . I thought they are more red than this .
Is the photo color true to the real color of the flowers in sunlight?

Hmmmmm colchicine!!! :p
Yay besseae hybrids. Nice, thanks for sharing. I need you to send me a sample of your water so I can see if I can duplicate it.

Eric, it’s very very special water. It falls out of the sky on a regular basis here in the UK. I collect in rain tubs and use it on my plants much like many other orchid growers do. TDS is about 20-40 depending on the time of year. Not much else to add,
David

Linus, it is from the Fischer’s. Besseae ‘robs choice’ 4n x MDC ‘rocket flash’ 4n.
Hien, the colour is quite accurate, the photos were taken outside in natural light,
How does it compare to the Rocket Flash by Cow Hallon 2?

I’ve been waiting for this plant to open two flowers together and now there are three. The oldest is starting to look a bit the worse for wear with holes in the red but it will keep it for a few days yet. This is the only phrag I grow that keeps flowers like this. Most jettison them when they still look perfect.
It’s a slow grower but chunky. The spikes are quite stiff and generally do not need staking.
View attachment 24640
View attachment 24641
David
Beautiful, David! I killed two Jason Fischers before I figured out Phrags didn’t like the sumner temps in my grow room. 🙃

Last edited:
Eric, it’s very very special water. It falls out of the sky on a regular basis here in the UK. I collect in rain tubs and use it on my plants much like many other orchid growers do. TDS is about 20-40 depending on the time of year. Not much else to add,
David
Can you send me a measured sample so I can evaluate the minerals in the solution?

That's a good one. Lots of Cow's Hollow hybrids have saw teeth on the lateral sepals. In my opinion 4N Rob's Choice or Carlisle are better for shape and substance.

Latest posts

Back