Japanese Cherry Blossom in October already

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berthold

Reaction score
In this year the famous cherry blossom in Japan already starts in October, not in spring.
Some ideological people believe that is typical for the men made climate change on the earth.
But are they right?

Chapter what...3 or 5? Good god! Please give it a rest! Maybe I should say "get a fucking life, Berthold!"

do you really think people on this forum are that stupid to fall for your bait?

Keep cool my friend please. You missed the thread topics.

That is not the question of this thread. The question is for the reason of the early blooming start.
And I think You and Tom-DE are to stupid to know about that, so I will explain.
Tom (KyushuCalanthe) will know it, I am sure.

The active leaves of the cherry tree produce a hormone which inhibits blossom development. This technic is smart to avoid blooming into a could frosty winter.
In this year in Japan there was a stronger Typhoon which pulled off the active leaves of the tree. So development of blossoms could start very early.

This effect was observed sometimes before in Japan but the causal connection wasn't clear.

I don't wish You a fucking Life.

We saw a similar effect after the hurricane here in SE NC. Our azaleas and loripetalum all rebloomed, and the Bradford pears all over the island did, as well.

We had an odd blooming of our cherry trees a few years ago after a cloudy, cool late summer and a bright, warm fall. I don't believe we had any wind storms associated with this. I also get atypical blooming of my orchid plants from time to time. My phals sometimes bloom in the fall if the weather is cool and cloudy in May and June. Mike

Yes, there are a lot of different factors which delay or accelerate blooming and are overlaying each other.
But the inhibiting effect of active leaves seems to be a new insight.

"I think You and Tom-DE are to stupid to know about that, so I will explain."

LOL! You can spin it all you want but We know exactly why you created such a topic "again"!

"I don't wish You a fucking Life."

You don't know what it ("get a fucking life!") means, do you? You are a fucking idiot!

Berthold requested I delete this thread. Everyone okay with that?

No, Berthold requested to delete the post 9 from Tom-DE, not the thread.
The topic of the thread is worth posting I think.
I recommend Ehanes and Tom-DE delete their posts themselves and I will adjust my answer on that posts.

Berthold, perhaps you should start your own forum where you can manage the content yourself.

Yes, Heather, that is a good idea. Can I engage You as administrator? Do You speak German a little bit or is your family German based perhaps?

Back