Japan & Ecuador earthquakes, thinking of Slippertalk members and families

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawarthapine

Kawarthapine
Reaction score
Just a brief note to let those members from Japan & Ecuador know that they are in our thoughts and prayers.

I hope that they, their loved ones, friends and neighbours are safe and that they, along with their communities, quickly recover from this terrible natural occurance.

So far Japan has been lucky this time, Ecuador has not. It is easy to think that Japan has better designed buildings and that is why there are fewer casualties here (though that is not completely true either), however, for those who remember the great Hanshin quake that hit Kobe in 1995, you'll know it is a throw of the dice. Over 6,400 people lost their lives in that quake, mostly in Kobe, a city roughly the same size as Fukuoka. Don't forget the massive quake that hit northern Sichuan in 2010 - entire towns were demolished and rebuilt.

When the "big one" hits the Tokyo area it may paralyze this nation since half the population lives there, and the bulk of Japan's commerce is centered there as well. Scientists say it is just a matter of time.

My thoughts go out to all those effected by earthquakes anywhere, and at any time in the world. At a personal level it is a scary business.

So relieved to hear Japan not as severly affected as in the past.

Wish I could say the same for Ecuador. Now over 650 dead w many still missing.

What a tragedy in such a beautiful country

Latest posts

Back