Japan 2019

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
My wife and I try to take a trip abroad at least once a year. During late 2019 we did a circuit from Tokyo > Nagano > Kanazawa > Kyoto > Tokyo.

Here's some photos from Nagano/Kanazawa. I will post photos from Tokyo/Kyoto when i upload them.

Cheers!

Nagano - Monkey Park

Monkey Park by Marco, on Flickr

Kanazawa

Higashi Chaya District by Marco, on Flickr

Omicho Market by Marco, on Flickr

Omicho Market by Marco, on Flickr

Ryotei Suginoi Honami by Marco, on Flickr

Ryotei Suginoi Honami by Marco, on Flickr

My partner and I visited Japan for two weeks last year.
Our route was Tokyo(4days)-Kyoto (5days)-Kanazawa(1day)-Takayama(2days)-Minakami(1day)-Nikko(2 days)-Tokyo (to fly out)

I loved Kyoto the most!! The peak sakura season was delayed and coincided with our visit, so it was picturesque pretty much everywhere we walked. It was magical. The city was so well preserved and well kept. We were so impressed. I would love to be back to flower gardens in and around Nikko area in early May in the future.

Happy - This was our second go around to Japan. Probably not going to be our last. The highlight of our trip was the 3 hour go cart tour in Tokyo all decked out in onesies. It was a lot of fun. We were driving down the Streets/bridges right next to the cars/trucks. I haven’t posted any Tokyo pictures yet. They will be up soon.

Kyoto is one of our favorite cities to go to. There’s tons of stuff to do there. There’s also numerous towns to visit that’s just a short train ride away. We had our engagement photos taken in arashiyama/togetsu bridge/Gion in 2016.

My wife was mentioning that she’s planning on taking her sister to Japan as a graduation present. I told her I’d go with her but would peel off mid-way to go pay seed Engei a visit. The only catch, the easiest way to get there is by car. I’m not sure if I’m up for that. I also need to maneuver the trip around one of seed Engeis orchid society meetings.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back