Jack

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
At the moment are two nice jackii flowering. They both grow in one pot and it seemed that they like it together. I like spreading in species, so they are a good example. Shape is different, also the color and only one has fragrance!
First one has wild shape and shiny lime green color with heavy fragrance:

IMG_20210317_114622_1.jpg

Second one is more mat green, round shaped and not a trace of fragrance:

IMG_20210317_114608_1.jpg

Together

IMG_20210317_114652_1.jpgIMG_20210317_114711_1.jpg

Beautifully done!
I like them both for what they have to offer.
Again. In a clay pot? Is your mix organic? And is the moss on top too?

I love this 'brother in arms' photo series. Just adorable.

Most plants in wild grow side by side and seem to help each other out. I grow many together until they bloom or kick each other out of pot lol.

How long did the spike develop from bud?

thanks for your comments!

Beautifully done!
I like them both for what they have to offer.
Again. In a clay pot? Is your mix organic? And is the moss on top too?
in this case its a plastic pot. The mix is bark with a few parts of perlite and crushed shell. I didn`t repot for years. If a plant grows well i don`t repot it, no matter how long its in the same substrate. I`ve the impression, that some species start to grow very well when they stay for a while without repotting. I make this expirience with tranlinenianum, emersonii and also jackii for example.
no moss, some would call it weed, i call it "little friend". German name is Pfennigfarn, dont know in english.

I love this 'brother in arms' photo series. Just adorable.

Most plants in wild grow side by side and seem to help each other out. I grow many together until they bloom or kick each other out of pot lol.

How long did the spike develop from bud?

I dont know for sure. I guess it was in autumn last year when i recognized that they will flower.

Thank you!

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I think people look a jackii as a poor malipoense and don't grow them here.
Perhaps because they are still not so common? I for myself like them as least as mich as malipoense.:)

Latest posts

Back