I've done a very bad thing....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heather,

That seedling looks like it is in exceptable shape... though I would think that the leaves should be a little darker, but not sure about your conditions... I grow mine in (yeah, I know...) humus, and in rather darker conditions... if anything, don't throw it away or give up hope! =)

-PM

:( sorry about that Heather !

I have recetly tried a new system for "not so far from death paphs" which consists of a big pot ( 17 cm diameter about 16 cm high) with about 5 cm with clay pebbles at the bottom, then live sphagnum to fill up the pot. The pot sits in a reservoir with about 4 cm of water so that even the top of the pot stays moist. I place the rootless paphs in the sphagnum so that the collar is in direct contact with the moss..... I got roots on several paphs with this system in less than 2 weeks !

good luck !

I killed my first orchid too. Not a sanderianum though. My phal Javanica :(. It was sitting on my windowsill in an open window. I think it got cooked last week from the heat. I touched the leaves this morning and they both fell off. I also have a phal hieroglyphica and the wuss in a bag with sphag that I'm thinking about calling quits on. I think hiero got hit with mineral buildup. Oh well.

Back