itune help...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likespaphs

some call me brian
Reaction score
so...
my new ride can play mp3 discs and i've heard that you can get much more music on a disc in mp3 format than the default for itunes (aac?)
anyways. i got a blank disc (80 minutes or 700 mb cd-r) and threw about 559 mb in a playlist then hit the burn button. it said it was too much one cd. would anyone be able to explain this to me. i only have very basic computer knowledge but thought that as 559 mb is less than 700 mb, it would be okay.
also, can anyone explain how i should do it to get more on a disc?
thanks...

I know that iTunes has a feature that allows you to burn songs to CD, but it converts them from MP3 to a format compatible on CD players. This would make the files bigger (less compression) and make it impossible to fit that many songs on a CD. I don't know that this is happening in your case, but I wouldn't doubt it.

I used the burn feature one time to make a disk, and the conversion from MP3 to CD sounded horrible.

Try burning the mp3s onto the disc as you would a data file bypassing any involvement with itunes. You may not have any directory structure but you might get more songs on it. I do this when making music discs for my dvd player.

Mark, do your discs have iTunes purchased MP3's on them? I was under the impression that the Digital Rights crap built into each MP3 purchased from iTunes would prevent you from playing the songs on other devices?

okay. i asked a student and turns out it worked. haven't heard it yet so don't know how it'll sound. i'll let y'all know tomorrow.
the way to do it is open itunes (duh), go to edit, then preferences. click on the advanced tab, then the burning tab. then click the box for mp3 cd.
all songs to be put on the disc must be converted to mp3 beforehand.

Heather said:
Has anyone tried to buy something on itunes within the last 24 hours? I am having trouble with it. Says it isn't available right now. Is it me or them?
It's you! I couldn't resist that, honest. :poke:

Latest posts

Back