It's the MOST wonderful day...of the year....!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Solstice Heather.

We celebrate this one in our household too.

The venison is marinating, and the yule log is ready for decorating.

Last edited:
Heather said:
12/21/06
7:22 PM

Happy Solstice (and HAPPY RETURN OF THE SUN) !!
You're a day early, Heather. Solstice is tomorrow, but I'm OK with celebrating it today. Like you, I love the coming of the sun.

Even though it's 10 degrees out and a foot of new snow--there's just something about knowing we're swinging back toward the light. What a relief! I usually find I don't really notice it until about February though.

Happy Solstice. So begins the longest night of the year. But I keep the lights running all year anyway; still, there's nothing like long bright days to get those orchids going.:D

:rollhappy: I'm definitely celebrating the Reason for the Season! :rollhappy:

:rollhappy: Woo hoooooo!!!:rollhappy:

:rollhappy: Here Comes The Sun!!:rollhappy:

I feel warmer already...

Actually I can't complain. We had a cold november, but the last few weeks have been more typical of march than december. It is saving me propane, even if we won't have any snow for the holidays.

It's not the cold (which we don't have) or the snow (which we also don't have), it's the light! Which we also don't have. I figured that at this time of year with getting up and to work before/around sunrise and coming home after sunset after working in a windowless office all day, unless I make an effort to be near windows or go out for lunch, I see about ten minutes of sun on a weekday. :mad:

Latest posts

Back