It's politics time

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always believed that voting is my civic duty, and staying engaged in things that directly affect my life is important. The most impact we can have is in local politics regarding the local water district, city council, school and fire levies, etc.
If you don't vote, you really don't have any room to complain. We all feel somehow that our votes don't really count and that they are offset by people that have crazy agendas, but everyone has their perspective.

All of that being said, the process is broken especially with the national government. Lobbyists and $$$$ are directly involved in decision making, and our congressmen are preparing for the new election campaign the day they are elected. There are 66 lobbyists for each congressman and that includes the house and senate. The end result is that the middle class is being gutted by their decisions which are in the benefit of big business and special interests.
Congress works 2 days a week......unless we take the money out of the equation it will get worse. Time for a revolution....

Latest posts

Back