It's late what in the world are you doing up??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
I'm taking a break from studying. It's 1:45 am here. I was supposed to start studyin at 9pm didn't get really started until 10:30/11pm.Got work at 9am. I've trudged through about 2 pages in my financial accounting and reporting review book and took 4 pages of notes. Anyone need any reading material to put them to sleep???

I just posted a sweet picture of a sanderianum as my new background on my desktop so when I'm on here during the wee hours of the morning I get to see my light at the end of the tunnel.

Alright back to accounting.

This is my prime time.
No work until noon, and plenty to do before bed. My clam decided to unattach from his rock yesterday and repeatedly jumped for the sand bed below, and I mean jumped, not fell. So finally I gave in and made him a spot in the sand bed and super glued the things that were in the sand onto his old roost. Every thing is opening back up after my intrusion, so it's onto the internet I go.
I'm usually up every night until at least 4am, and spend most of the time working on the tanks, plants, internet, or just watch Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. I love Futurama and Family Guy, so I usually don't miss a night unless I'm going out for the night.

Good luck with the accounting, sleep is for the weak...unless it's during the day.

Jon
________
CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:
Jon in SW Ohio said:
I love Futurama and Family Guy, so I usually don't miss a night unless I'm going out for the night.
Jon
I FREAKIN' love these shows. I have all the episodes and have seen them way too many times. Futurama is my all-time favorite (movies are coming out soon, yay!!!)

Currently, I am having my butt kicked at Burnout 3, a racing/crashing game for the ps2 (my brothers are in town) and my thumbs hurt so I'm taking a break. I think I'm going to go read for a couple of hours before passing out.

Family Guy is just SO wrong...you *have* to love a show that's been cancelled and brought back like 6 times! :rollhappy:

It's three here. Why am I up? The cat was scratching on the bed and having a bath and woke me up. So, then someone was supposed to send me a message tonight and I thought I would pop up and check to see if I got it but I did not....slacker....

apparently James Taylor was more important...back to bed...

adiaphane said:
Currently, I am having my butt kicked at Burnout 3, a racing/crashing game for the ps2 (my brothers are in town) and my thumbs hurt so I'm taking a break. I think I'm going to go read for a couple of hours before passing out.

Burnout is the best. I played it for the first time at my friends store when I went to go visit last friday!

I got a little bit more reading then I'm off to take a nap.

I haven't watched cartoon channel in a while. Kenshin is old but its the best...especially the movie...If I happen to pop on the tv I'm always on the discovery channel or the cartoon channel

I hate slackers. But, I love James Taylor. :)

I stay up till 4 a.m. too, but I don't sleep much after that. I have a pretty wierd sleep schedule. To bed around 4 a.m., awake at 8 a.m. for five or six days and then on the fifth day I crash and take an afternoon nap about noon and wake up at 5. I can't shut my mind off long enough to sleep, and I don't need an alarm clock. 8 a.m. on the spot every morning.

Tonight I am listening to sad music on my iPod and wondering why I didn't send a message to my friend earlier when she was expecting it.

well, it's still early here :poke:

I like to be in bed by ten... or else I get to be Mr Poopy-head the next day! Course, usually that's when y'all folks get up so.. when I do my final check new posts there's like another 50 to get through...

only reason I would be up later than that is if I am out getting wasted on alco... cheers.

Studying for the CPA exam, Marco?

My wife freaked out forever about her CPA exam. Passed a couple sections the first time, and the other two the next time. I guess it isn't unusual to not pass the whole thing in one go. Glad I don't have to take tests...

I'm up late because I am an insomniac... I ran out of ambien a year or so ago and I hate going to the doctor so much I just stay up all night... *grin*

Rob - Yup that's the test I will be taking very very soon. Yeah I had a little bit of a serious wig out as well once I saw the review books I had to read. But the reading makes sense, guess that's why they call them review books, so now its not so bad.

I feel like like I'm back in college without the without the luxurious staggered schedule that allows me to sleep into as late as 12pm the following morning.:(

littlefrog said:
I'm up late because I am an insomniac... I ran out of ambien a year or so ago and I hate going to the doctor so much I just stay up all night... *grin*

Well, you have company here then.

Marco,

If you pass your exam, and want to work in the exciting world of technical accounting research for a utility company, I can probably find you a job. My wife's department is about three people short right now...

PHRAG said:
Well, you have company here then.

I'm not an insomniac, but I only sleep for a couple hours at a time, wake up role over and go back out. I wake up automatically at 5:30 every morning, but I'm not competent to do anything before 9:00.

Did you ever seek "Dark CIty"? Well, I do that while you all are sleeping!

Hmm... I don't think I've slept yet. It's almost ten in the morning, I'm wide awake, I can hear someone's dog barking, and the cat is sunbathing. I've squandered the night playing Burnout 3, reading a book (1491, about pre-Columbian America--highly recommend it), writing, and researching various odds and bits on the internet.

And for some reason I have that damn Nelly Furtado in my head, which is excatly why I don't listen the radio, and despite having music that I actually like, love even, I prefer to listen to nothing. Except I heard that promiscuous song somewhere and my memory is proving itself to be better than I actually give it credit for, and I just replay the chorus over and over and over.

Now I really have to get some serious work done, but I can't think. Words are turning over faster than waves in my head, and my fingers can't type can't seem to keep up. Well, maybe a small nap soon. Or some coffee... luckily, I have a sweet espresso machine that pours better espresso with more beautiful crema than any coffee house in the city. (I think I might have even sold my soul for it.)

Trying to figure out the cross of the plants in Colin's pictures and about to study. And now about to make some more coffee.

Rob - Thanks, but Michigan's a long ways from NY and I wouldn't be able to handle the cold. brrrrr

Yeah, another insomniac checking in. My problem is more though that i naturally tend to sleep during the day. despite countless changes to diet, bedtime, exercise, etc, etc, i still just dont get relaxing sleep unless its in the daytime. i can sleep at night, but i always wake up feeling like i didnt sleep at all.

Just got done spending a few hundred bucks on corals online...again. And I thought I had an orchid problem:(
The worst part is that I still haven't gotten the couple at the very top of my list. I can just tell I'm going to have multiple tanks for multiple types of corals...I really fear the next hobby I get. Lien, don't post anymore rare parrot pics:D

Jon
________
MEN'S HEALTH FORUMS

Last edited:
Jon in SW Ohio said:
Just got done spending a few hundred bucks on corals online...again. And I thought I had an orchid problem:(
The worst part is that I still haven't gotten the couple at the very top of my list. I can just tell I'm going to have multiple tanks for multiple types of corals...I really fear the next hobby I get. Lien, don't post anymore rare parrot pics:D

Jon
How do you ship coral?

Latest posts

Back