It's late what in the world are you doing up??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lisa - congrats. I don't know how much your getting paid. But trust me........You're underpaid. :poke: Along with every single individual in the labor force right now.

edit: Blakes disappeared i think he got abducted by king kong and now he has to be his personal man servant peeling bananas and feeding him grapes. If you can get to him you can always try www.monster.com for job offers and typical salaries for people in your profession. Just gotta look for the ads.

Marco said:
you're no help!!! MUFFY! :rollhappy:

I am confident in myself enough that I am not going to read too much into this and be embarrassed by it any longer. It was a secret for a really long time. You guys are some of my closest friends though!, so I am comforted in the fact that I know you will not abuse it (Marco!) I actually don't know the origin of 'Muff'. I miss my dad so much. I don't know for sure, but I am pretty sure he is the one who coined the nickname, and though I have absolutely despised it since day one, if it is a way to remember him, even vicariously through you jokers teasing me, I suppose I should appreciate it.

It is an awful nickname, but it was always, and continues to be, a term of endearment in my family. My other nickname is 'Red'. I think we are in the wrong thread for this tho....

I think all us redheads have had the nickname red at one time or another...comes with the territory.

To be honest, I completely understood the nickname Muffy as soon as you said it. I don't know how to describe it, but you do have a "muffyness" about you. When I think of a Muffy, I think of a shy girl who warms up to people quickly that has to have things in their place and tidy. I could get more detailed, but I imagine in person you are quite the stereotypical Muffy. I wouldn't resent it as a nickname, some things just don't have words for them so you have to make one up that sounds good.

Jon
________
Ford Fairmont History

Last edited:
Jon in SW Ohio said:
To be honest, I completely understood the nickname Muffy as soon as you said it. I don't know how to describe it, but you do have a "muffyness" about you. When I think of a Muffy, I think of a shy girl who warms up to people quickly that has to have things in their place and tidy. I could get more detailed, but I imagine in person you are quite the stereotypical Muffy. I wouldn't resent it as a nickname, some things just don't have words for them so you have to make one up that sounds good.

Jon

Jon, I think that might be a contender for the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. Thank you. :) You have no idea how much I mean that.

I am actually really shy in person. I know, hard to believe huh? I get very anxious about meeting people or even calling them on the phone.

ElixirIce said:
Hey guys! Thanks for all of your well wishes and "good lucks" on my interview this week. I got a call from the company today and guess what? They want me! Yay! I was wondering if any of you knew what a good starting salary for a new biochemsitry grad would be. Having my only "real" job being at Disneyland, which paid like 8 bucks an hour, the amount they are offering me seems like a fortune! But I dont know if i should be negotiating for more. Thanks for your opinions!

As long as its not an ass-backwards jelly factory in a small redneck south georgia town, you'll probably make decent money. I, on the other hand, make around 30.... with an analytical chemistry degree and 3 years experience. I think its some distant sadistic part of me that keeps me there for my own entertainment.

12:56 am EST and I'm beat. I dropped off Maria in Jersey for the first time and I got lost on the way home. The NJ turnpike is the worst. If you get lost and miss an exit your lost for at least a half hour. And NJ is also the Queen of toll booths. They have toll booths at every exit. And the toll booth clerks give you wrong directions. and had TONS of coffee

Marco said:
12:56 am EST and I'm beat. I dropped off Maria in Jersey for the first time and I got lost on the way home. The NJ turnpike is the worst. If you get lost and miss an exit your lost for at least a half hour. And NJ is also the Queen of toll booths. They have toll booths at every exit. And the toll booth clerks give you wrong directions. and had TONS of coffee

Glad you made it home unscathed Marco!

The cat woke me up "hunting" some imagined thing in the bedroom.
At least, she didn't catch it!

I hate when she does that. Scares the crap out of me....new apartments in old houses....shiver...:confused:

Marco, my ex learned to drive a stick shift during an ice storm on the NJ Turnpike on the trip out to New Mexico. And that was in the old days before they cut the number of tollbooths down. Fun ride...good times. :rolleyes:

Oh, Heather, your story reminds me of the time when my stupid ex got really drunk and made me learn stick shift--let me tell you it was no fun parallel parking in really tight spaces on steep inclines in the rain. I stalled the car many, many times in Golden Gate Park, and a police officer had to stop and explain to me how to properly release the clutch and give the car a little gas so it wouldn't keep stalling.

Here's to good times.

Well, my wife and I are both up... Busy Brain.... We had an ultrasound today. Our son is weighing in at 9lbs 7oz. He is due on Saturday. They have asked us to induce next Tuesday if he is not here by then. So I am doing some "schoolwork" as you can see on the computer while the wife is watching some television.

I think I weighed just about that at birth, and my mother never forgave me. : )

Best wishes. Make sure you announce Tadd Jr. when he comes.

I'm sick. Anyone got a cure all? I've been coughing it up all day. Now I need to go study. I also have work tomorrow, I already called out today. :(

-----

Tadd congrats. Keep us posted :clap:

Latest posts

Back