it's day 38 and i want to quit quitting!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likespaphs

some call me brian
Reaction score
okay. so today is day 38 of no cigarettes and i really want a cigarette....
aaaaaarrrrrrrgh..........

NO YOU DON'T!!!! Hang in there it's worth it! What are some of the good things YOU'VE noticed since you quit? Concentrate on those & how many MORE good things will come!

You can do it!!! You are a Paph Grower!!! Think of how long you've waited for stuff to bloom!

I started dieting in Feb., and have lost 25 lbs, but between then and now I've beat out lots of cravings as you will too.

you guys suck....
i mean, thanks. i'm probably gonna get some flavored toothpicks to occupy my hands and mouth. the nicotine lozenges and gum make it a lot easier...
i've been thinking about how much i save and what i should get myself as a reward with my savings. maybe an iphone, maybe some really exactly what i want bike shoes, maybe just more orchids...

I need to QUIT also I need to set a date & stick with it this time. The 1st time I tried, my ex-wife told me to start again(I did). The last time I didn't sleep for 3 days(no it wasn't good drugs)LOL
Keep it up!! Hang up some Slipper Pics around the house, in the car, office ect & think about going to see them in the wild, or finding a new species..

Tom

Hang on!!! You can do it! Just do it one day at a time and soon you will count the day you have not smoked and say I don't want to throw away all the hard work that I have already done . It help me quit for the past 20 years.

Ramon:)

Quitting

There is a new med out there called chantix that binds to the nicotine receptors in the brain and reduces cravings. I know a lot of patients who did very well on it.
It may even be covered if you you have drug benefits.

My husband smoked for almost 50 years. One day he decided that was enough and quit cold turkey. Sadly it was to late. I watch him die a slow and painful death from lung cancer. PLEASE, STOP NOW. You sure don't want that fate.

Go for it!!!! Its the best thing you can do for yourself and those around you. I never thought much about smoking when I was growing up....my mother was a smoker (pack a day, Pall Mall unfiltered....and she died at 65, from smoking related cardiovascular problems) my father smoked maybe once a year...and didn't inhale (there was a time when that line could be taken for what it was worth...). When I became a teenager, then in college, I didn't think about smoking...didn't (couldn't actually...I did try to inhale....never again!!!!!) smoke myself, but accepted that fact that maybe 1/3 of the guys I knew and 100% of the girls (no I am not kidding...100%...I always thought of smoking as a woman's habit) I knew smoked...and simply dealt with the smoke I was always exposed to. Didn't think about it. Then when I got married- to the first woman I ever met (at that time) who had never smoked, I got used to living in a smoke-free environment. I now cannot handle even the smell of a cigarette...I literally run to get upwind of a smoker on the street...otherwise I begin to wheeze and get headaches. My allergist told me that I am severely allergic to both tobacco and tobacco smoke. I once had to grab for my inhaler (I think albuterol is a continued legacy of my smoky upbringing) simply because I had to talk to a parent on open school night who reeked...(the Marlboro jacket was a giveaway)...sorry for this long rant....but I feel really strongly about this...and anyone who wants to quit has my fullest encouragement!!!!! Take care, Eric

-Volunteer to work a few days in a hospital cancer ward, and you will not want to put anything like a cigarette near yourself.

You have better will power than I. I 've never made more than a week. I 've got do do it soon though. good luck

day 42.
it's the lozenges. one every hour or two for the first six weeks, then one every two to four hours for weeks seven and eight. then one every 4 to 8 hours weeks 10-12.
funny thing is that i'm on day 42 (as mentioned above) and i've only had one lozenge a day the past four. not on purpose. just sorta happened...

day 42.
it's the lozenges. one every hour or two for the first six weeks, then one every two to four hours for weeks seven and eight. then one every 4 to 8 hours weeks 10-12.
funny thing is that i'm on day 42 (as mentioned above) and i've only had one lozenge a day the past four. not on purpose. just sorta happened...

My father believes in meditation, so he would say that when the thought of cigarette comes up in your mind. just watch that thought without any preconceive emotion or decision or judgement, of against it or pro it.
Just watch your thought, it will evaporate just like that, because when you watching your thought, it has no energy to feed on to last more than a split second, you could not even find it.

Back