it's blooming again!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

I got this plant at Hausermann's open house this year, it was on the bargain bench for $8. It bloomed in June & now again, this time with 2 spikes!
Oncda. charlesworthii 'Mishima'HCC/AOS

Rose

Do you sing to your plants, play music for them, or do you just talk nice to them? Whatever it is you do, it works.

That is beautiful. I love the color and it looks like it is a reasonable size.

Rose
Do you sing to your plants, play music for them, or do you just talk nice to them? Whatever it is you do, it works.
That is beautiful. I love the color and it looks like it is a reasonable size.

They'd all drop dead or jump deep down in there pots if I sang to them!
ESP ..... think good thoughts, talk nice to them & stroke them every now & then!
Thanks - I like the color combo too! I'd say the flowers are a bit bigger this time around & the size is rather compact as compared to others in that family. It's under the bench, gets an east exposure, sun (if there is any) til noon, there's good air circulation & it dries between waterings. I would normally fertilize every 7-10days in the warmer months, it might go 2-3 week intervals in the winter, depends on how much sun we're getting. For me, it's an easy carefree plant!

Wonderfull Rose... I use to have one or two of these but they turned up dead... I have this touch with orchids with psbs... But on second thought and taking your instructions into consideration I think I may give it another try... Thank you... :):):)

Quote: It's under the bench.

Does that mean that it is not a high light plant? I grow my Oncid. Alliance plants with 12 hours light.

CORRECT! I have supplemental lights in the GH extending my daylight hours to about 13 hours. The multis & any high light plants are directly under the lights. I have plexiglass drip/drain shields on any upper benches & shelves, so the strongest light it gets is in the morning til noon, that's it!

Latest posts

Back