It's been weeks in the making...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Luxembourg!!!! Besides slippers (and catts :), and ...), Brassias are of my favs., but I always found them hard to bloom ! Jean

Welcome from LA! You mentioned keeping lizards when you were younger, what species did you keep? Just lizards or other critters too?

Welcome from LA! You mentioned keeping lizards when you were younger, what species did you keep? Just lizards or other critters too?

It's been many, many years. I kept lizards and the creatures they ate (crickets mostly). I had an iguauna, a central american basilisk, a couple leapord geckos, a tokay gecko, and some local lizard species -- a fence swift and anoles.

I gave those up when I first started college. I kept them all in large naturalistic enclosures, and there wasn't enough space in my first dorm to bring them along. Luckily I found a guy that had a greenhouse (for the local species) and lots of extra tanks/cages for the others right before I left.

One day I may get back into it, but the fish have really taken my heart these days. If I get back into herps, it'll likely be day geckos and/or poison dart frogs although I might start with another leopard gecko since they're readily available, easy to care for and pretty interactive for a herp.

I've got a decent collection of poison dart frogs. I think I posted a thread on here at one point. I'm just now starting to get breeding, so if you ever want to work with them, let me know! I'm sure we can figure out a plant trade or something.

It's hard to find the nice day geckos, robertmortensii, guimbeaui, ornata, cepediana. And harder to propagate them. :(

I've seen guimbeaui offered pretty regularly and cepediana sometimes, though not cheap at all. I hadn't ever heard of the other two species prior to this post.

I've seen guimbeaui offered pretty regularly and cepediana sometimes, though not cheap at all. I hadn't ever heard of the other two species prior to this post.

Yeah, some of those species are absolutely beautiful. I'm only hesitant to take the plunge because I don't want to overdo myself in terms of hobbies.

Back