is this usual?(",)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a flask of barbatums a few years ago and the first ones are just budding or blooming. There is some variation in the darkness of the foliage from plant to plant. Yours is a little pale. If you would like to have the foliage be a little darker, perhaps giving it a shadier spot would do the trick. Also, check the roots to make sure they are healthy enough to supply the plant's nutrients. Good luck!:)

thanks, paphreek... =) yes, i'm already placing it in a very shady spot... the last time i repotted it, the roots are growing nicely. By the way, can anyone tell me if there is a natural hybrid of barbatum and callosum? Their natural habitats overlap, so....there might be something. Or an artificial hybrid... What is the hybrid's name? I'm curious to know because i've seen many paphs entered in shows as paph barbatum, but the leaves are often more fleshy, like callosum. Plus, i've heard from many local growers that barbatum is reluctant to bloom in the lowlands... especially without cooling...But those entered in the shows look somewhat like barbatum, although the petals usually are held slightly below the horizontal axis..... (",)

Latest posts

Back