Is this glaucophyllum or primulinum purpurascens?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gather the consensus is either moquetteanum or glaucophyllum var. moquetteanum or perhaps a hybrid. By the way, Kensington Orchids is in MD just outside DC but they closed a few years ago since their land was worth a fortune do they sold it. I wish I hadn't lost the label but my cats steal them sometimes and I never see them again. Also, do people think making the back cross to primulinum flavum will result in yellow pouches on larger flowers? FYI, my yellow primulinum has leaves 6-8" long too, and is very vigorous, but it's supposed to be the true species. I will post the pic from Meyers Conservatory shortly. He has offered selfs of this plant and I just selfed it again for him. It would be nice to have yellow pouches in the larger flower. No spots either. Flowers of my pink-pouched parent and seedling are much larger, probably 50% bigger than my yellow primulinum

Very beautiful. Wish I had one! I gather my pink-pouched parent is either moquetteanum or glaucophyllum var. moquettianum. Do you think my seedlings back crossed with primulinum (see https://lab.troymeyers.com/flasking/photo.php?id=10739) will produce yellow pouches with larger flowers? Both my pink-pouched parent and the seedling with my yellow primulinum have relatively large flowers, 3.5" wide by 2.75" tall from top of dorsal sepal to bottom of pouch. The yellow primulinum parent has smaller flowers, perhaps 75% of the size of the pink pouches, although the leaves of my yellow primulinum are relatively large, 6-8" long, similar in size to the pink-pouched parent and seedling.

Back