• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

is this for real?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Me either- but I have heard of Photoshop. No way to know 100% for sure- but I use the full Adobe suite for fabric design and the unusual texture and slight blurriness of just the bloom itself screams Photoshop to me.

The price is also too good to be true. A true album form of tigrinum, which at this point would be news to the world, I am thinking $15-20K for a division.

This is from a well known fraudulent vendor in Belgium. Look at the feedback score. If you want a laugh look at the comments in the negative feedback. Do not touch with a barge pole!!
David

This is a FRAUD for shure!!!....but the plant in flower in the photo is real....and a division like the one for sell will be much more expensive than 950$....that size will be 5-10.000$.
Some plants still exist of the original used for describe the variety...(the real good name should be,with the latest revisions...but free to call how you want... Paph. markianum var. smaragdinum ) and 1-2 other different wild plants use to exist but not shure 100% they still alive...

kind of entertaining reading his responses to negative feedback...he gets really angry

he also changed the picture of the actual plant for sale

either you all have very short memory that we did talk about this before,
or very behind in paph species discoveries.

:poke::poke::poke:

obviously the dowager mother plant exist at least 9 years ago,
this one could be her great grand child

:poke::poke::poke:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10827

:D

and I am not sure after 9 years in existence the album of this species still worth 10,000 dollar .
Maybe I am not very good at knowing the real value of album paphs,
but I see most of the prices of white ones from other paph species did come down a lot,
some of them are exact the same price as the colour versions .

kind of entertaining reading his responses to negative feedback...he gets really angry

he also changed the picture of the actual plant for sale

ah, quite interesting ,
as your observation ,
why the photo change ?
is the seller a member of this forum ? or at least follows the STF discussions to study the trend , our latest desire , coveting ?

obviously the dowager mother plant exist at least 9 years ago,
this one could be her great grand child

and I am not sure after 9 years in existence the album of this species still worth 10,000 dollar .
Maybe I am not very good at knowing the real value of album paphs,
but I see most of the prices of white ones from other paph species did come down a lot,
some of them are exact the same price as the colour versions .

Paph tigrinum/markianum is well known to be difficult to propagate...
This one have never been artificially propagated...all plants around comes from the same 2-3 mother plants that still growing in Taiwan/japan and ...opposite than many other "Paphs alba forms" they got more expensive than before(same for malipoense album for ex.).

the plant shown in flower is many years in Europe and have been previously unsuccesfully selfed....now again and hope this time will produce seeds and good seedlings as nowadays better medias for tigrinum propagation have been created

Me either- but I have heard of Photoshop. No way to know 100% for sure- but I use the full Adobe suite for fabric design and the unusual texture and slight blurriness of just the bloom itself screams Photoshop to me.

The price is also too good to be true. A true album form of tigrinum, which at this point would be news to the world, I am thinking $15-20K for a division.

it's definitely photoshopped...if you magnify to the individual pixels ..it's fairly obvious

Latest posts

Back