Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
That we haven't already?

Anything missing?
Problems?
Growing pains?

Just want to check in with folks and be sure everything is in order. Hope so, but please do not be afraid to speak up if you have ideas or suggestions.

Thanks to all of you for being here. :)

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
Heather said:
That we haven't already?

Anything missing?
Problems?
Growing pains?

Just want to check in with folks and be sure everything is in order. Hope so, but please do not be afraid to speak up if you have ideas or suggestions.

Thanks to all of you for being here. :)
The forums great! I love it! :clap: Big thumbs up to the people behind the scenes that made it all happen. :clap:

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I don't have this problem with other forums, but I cannot get the login page to remember my login. Another strange thing that happens is that sometimes, while I'm accessing a page after I've been logged on for awhile, I'm kicked off and have to log in again.

Othwise, the forum is just fine.

P

PHRAG

SlipperFan said:
I don't have this problem with other forums, but I cannot get the login page to remember my login. Another strange thing that happens is that sometimes, while I'm accessing a page after I've been logged on for awhile, I'm kicked off and have to log in again.

Othwise, the forum is just fine.
Is anyone else having this problem? We need to identify if it is a problem with just one member's settings or if this is a problem for everyone. It may be as simple as a setting that needs adjusted.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
PHRAG said:
Is anyone else having this problem? We need to identify if it is a problem with just one member's settings or if this is a problem for everyone. It may be as simple as a setting that needs adjusted.
Me! I thought it was just me. It was what I was talking about in my earlier posts. I've learned to cope though.

C

couscous74

Might also help if you try clearing your browser's cookies, then doing the login with remember me.

J

Jmoney

I haven't had the problem from my home computer. if you log on at work, though, sometimes there's firewall issues (i.e. if I read the online NY Times at Bellevue sometimes I end up logging in multiple times)

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Heather said:
Dumb question, sorry, but do you people having the login problem have the "remember me" box checked? just making sure...
Yes, I check it every time I log in, but it is never checked when I come back to log in again.

When I log out, the Forum page tells me that all cookies are cleared.

The strange thing is that with my browser (Safari), it asks me whenever I start to fill in a log-in page from anywhere else, if I want it to remember my log in. But this message doesn't come up with the SlipperTalk Forum. When I searched the Safari Help to try to find out why, I found an item that stated that some web pages won't let Safari remember the log in. I assumed that was the case here. The fact that the "remember me" box won't stay checked seems to show this might be the case.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
it works for me now after checking the "remember me box". Thanks Heather, that was actually pretty dumbass of me :eek:

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
:confused:
SlipperFan said:
The strange thing is that with my browser (Safari), it asks me whenever I start to fill in a log-in page from anywhere else, if I want it to remember my log in. But this message doesn't come up with the SlipperTalk Forum. When I searched the Safari Help to try to find out why, I found an item that stated that some web pages won't let Safari remember the log in. I assumed that was the case here. The fact that the "remember me" box won't stay checked seems to show this might be the case.
The really strange thing is that *I* too use safari and don't have the problem. Hrmmm....

M

Marty

That's because you may not have cookies enabled in your browser. Login is kept via a cookie that gets set on your comp. You may want to read this and verify that you've got cookies enabled on your browser.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Marty said:
That's because you may not have cookies enabled in your browser. Login is kept via a cookie that gets set on your comp. You may want to read this and verify that you've got cookies enabled on your browser.
If cookies weren't enabled in my browser, then the log-in in other forums and secure sites wouldn't automatically fill, either. But they do.

Latest posts