Is Plantlighting company out of business??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I think Justin or other member recommended me this company a few months ago when I was searching for lamps for light set up.

Well, I finally have a shelving unit (3 tiers of 48" x 18") set up and I need to get 4 foot T5 lamp like right now.

The company never responded to my email months ago when I first checked out their website.

I tried to order 3 units of the product I want just now, and as I was filling up all the required information, I was stuck at the payment stage.
It just says "No Payment Methods", so I wonder what this means?

I was able enter name, address, phone number and shipping method (quite expensive ($69), how heavy are these things??)

Has anyone recently made a purchase from this company?

Please recommend me a good company.
It's urgent! I need lamps!

Or florescent light that HD carry, do they come as complete set that I can use for my shelve?
I'm not very handy with fixing things up at all, so I need something that can be used right out of the box. :)

Know nothing of the company, but T-5's can be a bit heavy and bulky depending on how many banks of lights you have.
Save yourself shipping and head to your local grow store. They will have everything you need.
Cheers
JAB

I don't know of any grow store here where they might carry these lights.

I just visited Home Depot and they had almost identical product I need, except it is something that goes directly on the ceiling not something I can hang on my shelf.

I was so excited then super disappointed.

How much headdroom does each shelf have? Why are you getting T5? All you need is one 4' T8 shoplight fixture of 2 bulbs each for each shelf. I use daylight bulbs 6500k.

http://lowes.com/pd_420867-43921-MXL-103_?productId=4013485

Each of the three layers on the shelve is about 23-24 in tall, and I would like the light as close to where they hang as possible to minimize wasted vertical space.

I think I'll go back to Home Depot tomorrow when I have time to have closer look.
I don't think they had two bulb units but single unit.
Plus, I though the reflector was not that nice or at least it looked white as opposed to mirror surface which I thought was not very efficient?

Things are crazy at the moment as I have to finish up packing all day today.
Moving in tomorrow. But plants and light stand ( without the light) are already at the new place. lol
Moving company won't move plants but I felt safer moving them on my own any ways.
I'll keep checking the website. Please help!!!!

Or I'll just buy those from lowes?
How often do I have to change them?
I understand that the bulbs last around one year all the while the efficient continue to decrease, and this unit that houses the bulbs last 2-3 years??

How much space do you allow between the light and the plants?
Your Roth and other Paphs.

Thanks.
Sorry, I didn't know these things are called shop light.

Btw, at HD, they only had a single bulb unit, no 2 bulb units like the one you shared in the link to Lowe's.

I might just order 6 of those along with the kind of bulb you mentioned.

Thank you for the info.
Do you know the business name?
Or do you know if they carry light that I want?
I'd like to know before going over, you know.

Otherwise, I will just order online from Lowe's.

Latest posts

Back