Is Orchid Origins still in business?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I just got ahold of Shane earlier this week, maybe Wednesday. Sent 2 pods his way and checked the status of my other two. He replied back a little late, maybe 2 days after I sent an email. But sounded like business as usual. He said thanks for the heads up and told me anticipated ship date of my other flasks

same here, after reading recommendation on slippertalk
I contacted him by email and got quick reply,
so I just sent 2 pods his way a week ago

Hi Adam,

i did get a response finally. i sent in 6 pods around Nov 2014. There were some germination but now upon his response all turned up dead. I see others are sending him pods---what I like to know about what flasks is returned.

I haven’t received flasks back from him yet. I’ll be getting 7 back in July. I know Marilyn LeDoux of Windy Hill sends her pods there and has received quite a few back. She’s the one who recommended him to me

Hi Adam,

i did get a response finally. i sent in 6 pods around Nov 2014. There were some germination but now upon his response all turned up dead. I see others are sending him pods---what I like to know about what flasks is returned.

This is the first time I sent the pods (just base on the recommendation I read in this forum) , so I have no idea what the result will be .
If you send the pod in 2014 it would be 3 & 1/2 years, shouldn't the germination be somewhat in the reflask stage during this period of time?
-what is the reason for the demising of the plants?
-when did the plants start to go down hill?
-shouldn't you be informed during that time period?

Hi Hien, I would say communications could improve. I had to inquire each and every time to see the status. Prior to the last email response; my last update was about 8 months ago and of the 6; 4 had some germination and replating was suppose to be next. In any event I used another flasker in 2016 and I got all my flasks back this Feb. It was only my one attempt so I can't say much more than that.

I think Shane is buried in work at this time of year; there just aren't that many flasking labs around that accept small orders (less than ten flasks) and it's a time consuming task when done right. He's done our flasking for eight years now, starting when he was still running Windsong Orchids in Illinois back in the day and I know Marilyn LeDoux and Chuck Acker use him as well.

Back