Is it or Isn't it?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a little hard to tell but I think it probably is; you can see the purple markings at the base of the leaves. However, the leaves appear perhaps broader and a little darker than the leaves on my plant.

I felt the leaves were too wide for a charlesworthii & the plant size seemed rather large to me. I have single growth charles as well as multi growth clumps & they don't look like that. I wonder if in this case using the Coke can isn't a good comparison, might be throwing the perspective off? I contacted the seller & questioned the size of the pot, dark markings on the underneath side & if the tag said charlesworthii X. He did respond, said he was sure of what the tag said but was out of town & couldn't answer the other two parts of the question. Kinda looks like I'm in a comparison mood! :D

This guy has sold a lot of orchids at high prices. His dad was an orchid grower and had a greenhouse. It probably is authentic. I've been outbid, out of my price range on others he had for auction. A lot of plants (catts) sold in the hundreds of dollars. He had a nice p.delrosi that went for 90.00 yesterday.

Paula

I believe charselworthii is quite variable in plant size. It looks like a charlesworthii to me. There is only one way to find out. Get it and flower it.

David

Latest posts

Back