Is a phal nut welcome??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

horses_too

Hi! I have a few slippers, so all is not lost! But I'm primarily a phal collector, and a discussion on another forum regarding the phal bellina alba vs violacea alba referred to a similar discussion here and brought me here. I see some familiar names!

I currently am rebuilding my collection after losing most of it following a substantial move some time ago, though I've been growing for over 30 years. Back up to nearly 300 plants....

And yes, I do have horses. 13 at last count.

Welcome horses_too. I think I've seen you on OSF before. My username is mdcmiranda. My teeny collection is mainly paphs and phals. The phals hold me over while I wait for the paphs. :)

No, I'm sorry but if you want to join this forum you'll have to feed those phals to your horses (who are more than welcome as well, provided they don't have phals of their own.)

--Stephen :D

I have a handfull of phal species myself, and I haven't been banned yet.

The horses are another matter, but we've made the exception before.

Welcome

I am the owner of the violacea/bellina var alba posted in the thread here. Which other forum was the discussion on? I am a member of most of them, but I post as Neofalcata everywhere else.

Welcome to the forum! The best thing about this place is you can feel free to link to any other website you want, even other orchid forums. We are so laid back here it's comical. Nobody has been banned in the entire long history of this board, so it's been a really good two months. :)

Hi Horses!
There's a great Ella Fitzgerald song you would like where in the middle of it she just sings, sort of out of the blue "horses!horses!horses!". It's amusing.

Like this place!
I just saw you the other night at Big Leaf Orchids...*someone* who will remain nameless has been on a Phal. kick lately and letting the rest of us know it (*cough* lienluu *cough*)

Anyway, I laughed when I saw you over here. Welcome! We're a light-hearted bunch generally. :) The more the merrier! (pssst! Tell your friends!)

Two whole months!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

And thanks for the welcome, all!

You have to understand.. in the horse world, folks can get pretty... testy. :poke: :poke:

Heck, I was an admin (not just a mod) for a major forum, and a new person decided she didn't like the old schoolmarm policing her. She had 'connections'. Net result: I was stripped of my admin and banned. Not pretty! and not unique!

even when the orchid folks get contentious, they so far aren't doing the old pistols at 20 paces!

Actually, the discussion started on OSF (where I posted about the Norman offering) and has moved over to Peter Lin's (where we've gotten typically off-topic into other aspects of genetics).

Heather said:
.*someone* who will remain nameless has been on a Phal. kick lately and letting the rest of us know it (*cough* lienluu *cough*)

You are mistaken! I don't know what you are talking about! I never get on any kicks. Remember, i am not obsessive. Just not my nature.

horses_too said:
Two whole months!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:
Yeah, we're pretty new to this forum thing. ;)

horses_too said:
...and has moved over to Peter Lin's (where we've gotten typically off-topic into other aspects of genetics).

Well, we've been known to go off-topic into aspects of "genetics" too..:evil:
Consider yourself warned.

Latest posts

Back