Inventory Reduction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a note to let you know that we reduced the price on many of our most popular Paphs and Phrag seedlings listed at www.foxvalleyorchids.com. Reductions range from 20-30 %. Also, for those of you who may not know the quickest way to access Fox Valley plants when you're browsing the Hausermann website, just type FV in the "Search" box and only Fox Valley plants will be listed. This should save some time......

Thanks!

Tom, I'm not clear on your reduction sale and how it relates to the website. The prices look the same. Is the reduc sale for the "online specials" only?

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the confusion. The "Online Specials" are not part of the inventory reduction sale since they are already specially priced. If you click on "Online Catalog" - it takes you to the Hausermann site where the following Fox Valley seedlings have been reduced in price:

1) FV - 19005 Paph. platyphyllum from $ 40 to $ 30
2) FV - 2049 Paph. micranthum NBS from $ 40 to $ 35
3) FV - 2024 Paph. charlesworthii from $ 20 to $ 15
4) FV - 2027 Paph. delenatii from $ 20 to $ 15
5) FV - 20136 Paph. dianthum from $ 25 to $ 20
6) FV - 20131 Paph. haynaldianum from $ 25 to $ 15
7) FV - 18987 Paph. stonei from $ 35 to $ 25
8) FV - 18100 Paph. sukhakulii from $ 25 to $ 20
9) FV - 20138 Paph. tonsum from $ 25 to $ 20
10) FV -2070 Paph. wardii from $ 25 to $ 15
11) FV -20124 Paph. William Ambler (roth x wilhelminea) from $ 25 to $ 20
12) FV -2101 Paph. Prince Edw. of York (roth x sander.)from $ 25 to $ 20
13) FV -18099 Paph. venustum v attratum from $ 25 to $ 20
14) FV -2083 Paph. Harold Koopowitz from $ 25 to $ 20
15) FV -20340 Paph. Misty Lantern (Magic Lantern x malipo.) from $ 25 to $20
16) FV -20346 Phrag. Perufloras Cirila Alca (kovachii x d'alessandroi) from $ 75 to $ 50 (Limited - we only have about 10 -15 of these)

Sorry for the length of this posting but it's the quickest way for folks to see what's included in the sale.

Thanks!

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the length of this posting but it's the quickest way for folks to see what's included in the sale.

Thanks!

You find that long? For me, you stopped just as it was getting really interesting. :p

Not to worry, we intend to add more Phrags next week. With the last minute Christmas shoppers in the greenhouse ( a good thing), it's hard to find the time to finish the list this week. Which reminds me, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. Pray for peace........

Hi Candace,

See the attached photo of one of the first Paph. venustum var attratum `Lakehead' AM/AOS (x sib) seedlings to bloom last year. The overall color of the petals tend more toward dark red than the typical burnt-orange and the black spots on the petals are larger. The leaf undersides are also a darker purple than typically seen.

I'm not sure if the 'var attratum' designation is valid or not, but when we bought it from a grower in Minnesota many years ago, thats the way it was labelled, and I tend not to change labels on plants from outside sources. When it was awarded, I'm fairly certain it still carried that var attratum designation.

There was actually an article on different the varieites of Paph. venustum published many years ago in The Orchid Digest, but I can't remember the exact issue. Maybe Lance remembers.... The seedlings tend to be slow growers until they're NBS and then they take off.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Tom- just curious...on the "Online Specials" section on the site, it has tonsum listed for $15, described as being blooming size. On the list you just posted, you have tonsum listed at $20....what's the difference between them? Thanks..

Hi Eric,

Assume you guys are getting tired of all that snow by now! As far as the $ 15 tonsum you mention in our "Online Specials" section, it's actually an un-named hybrid between (tonsum x Magic Wand) and not the straight species. The single apostrophy in front of Magic Wand shouldn't be there.....I agree it's confusing. The $ 20 tonsums in the "Online Catalog section are NBS to bloom in season - not BS.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back