Introduction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanthier

Reaction score
Hello all!

Been lurking for a while and about to start posting some images of my slippers.... Orchids that is! Been growing for about 2-3 years. Prior to Covid volunteered in the Smithsonian Institution's Orchid Collection. I am a university professor in Washington, DC. My office was my secondary grow area (great Cattleya morning light!), again before Covid limited access. I mostly grow Paphs/Phrags and Catts now in my home in natural light, supplemented with some LED lighting.

I hope to learn more, and to provide help, if I can.

Cheers,

Rich

Hello all!

Been lurking for a while and about to start posting some images of my slippers.... Orchids that is! Been growing for about 2-3 years. Prior to Covid volunteered in the Smithsonian Institution's Orchid Collection. I am a university professor in Washington, DC. My office was my secondary grow area (great Cattleya morning light!), again before Covid limited access. I mostly grow Paphs/Phrags and Catts now in my home in natural light, supplemented with some LED lighting.

I hope to learn more, and to provide help, if I can.

Cheers,

Rich
Welcome, Rich. This is a great and informative group. Look into the National Capital Orchid Society and join. Too bad their Paph Forum is not happening physically this year. They are working on virtual. You will enjoy the speakers at NCOS meetings and the forum. Among the best there are.
Deborah
Spotsylvania, VA

Welcome Rich! I’m in the DC area also. Are you a member of the National Capital Orchid Society? Tom Mirenda, former SI orchid curator, is often a speaker for club meetings.

I am not a member of the NCOS, it is a challenge for me to get to their meetings.

Rich: Ive never made a meeting in person, as a live more than 1.5 hours away. However there is s much to gain by membership. Access to a lot of educational stuff, wonderful people etc.
Hi Deborah! This is good to know, I will look into it further....

Welcome on board, Rich!

There are several of us here who grow phrags and catts!
And some of us, who grow Paphs and Catts with some Bulbophyllum and a few Dendrobium sprinkled in for good measures.

Before you finally decide, whether you are going to join the NCOS or not, might I interest you in our little internet-based branch of PA - Paphioholics Anonymous?
Joining our little selfhelp group is absolutely mandatory, as entering this forum for each one of us represented yet just one more step down the slipper(y) slope!
And let me finish with one final warning: Beware of the enablers, lurking everywhere! ;) 😁

Yet again: most welcome!
Kind regards, Jens
Copenhagen, Denmark

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back