Introduction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennypaph

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a few Paph's and Phrag's and they are amongst my favourite type of orchid. I just love the weird shape and colours, my only wish would be that they flower more often, but then again perhaps I wouldn't appreciate them so much when they do flower if they did. I have three currently in flower, two lovely sequential bloomers (one flowering since April) and one Delenatii which has just opened plus two with flower buds about to open. I am super excited as I discovered mealy bugs on four of my tribe, which I am constantly checking whilst in their isolation bubble. I hope to learn a lot from this forum.
So hello to all, take care during these difficult times and enjoy your orchids. x

Welcome from NYC. Weird shapes?!?
use rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip to remove the mealies. remember is you see 1 you have 10 and so do the plants adjacent to the offender.
I have orchids that have been in bloom for months but if you want Slippers like that you have to get species and hybrids which bloom sequentially, primulinum, victoria-reginae, etc.

Latest posts

Back