Introduction of michelangelo.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelangelo

Reaction score
Hello,

A few words to introduce myself. I am an old doctor (I’ll soon enter my 72nd year of age) whose medical practice is situated in Picardy (northern France) and I have been a plant and pet enthusiast since my early teens. I begun growing orchids when I was about 18. My preferred orchids, next to the slipper orchids, are anguloas (I have practically all known species, and a few hybrids). I grow all of them, and some others of various genera (mainly plants of the cattleya alliance, acinetas and other " pendant " orchids, bulbos…) in my old greenhouse divided into 3 climatic compartments, side by side with plants of other families, mainly gesneriads. My collection is about 75% slipper orchids, of which I have several hundred.

I am fond of music, theatre, literature. I love walking (but not singing) in the rain.

My preferred animals : cats and dogs. (I first considered becoming a veterinarian, but the studies were reputedly so difficult that, knowing my IQ was too low, I decided to become a medical doctor.)

My preferred humoristic reply is an American one, that I happened to hear while listening to an ancient vinyl disc, in the song The Return of the Caballero, made famous (a long time ago !) by Frank (or was it Mark ?) Crummit. The hero asks his darling :

Why such big rooms in your castle ?

She replies :

So in case you get fresh
I’ll have room to rassle !

(By the way, could someone kindly tell me the meaning of rassle,a word I do not find in any of the dictionaries to which I have access ? Thanks in advance.)

" That's all, Folks ", you surely know all of me now.

michelangelo

Welcome from a semi-old doctor (age 47)! Rassle is a "country" form of the word "wrestle". Growing up, that was how I heard it pronounced. I'm sure my father (age 72) has never pronounced it any other way.

Welcome, Doc!

Look forward to seeing photos of your flowers!

:clap::clap::clap:

Latest posts

Back