Internal Server Error

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

emydura

Reaction score
Sometimes when I try and submit a post I get the error message below. I have absolutely no idea what causes this error. I was trying to submit a couple of sentences today and could not get past this error. It drives me crazy. This seems to be a bug.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@slippertalk.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

troy

Reaction score
This could be the result of bad karma, I never get this problem

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
David, I've seen this message occasionally on other sites. I imagine it as the signal encountering an air bubble that messes up the signal. Nothing to do with the operator (you or me). I just wait awhile and try again - it usually goes through.

emydura

Reaction score
David, I've seen this message occasionally on other sites. I imagine it as the signal encountering an air bubble that messes up the signal. Nothing to do with the operator (you or me). I just wait awhile and try again - it usually goes through.
I could try and post it for a million years and it won't post. I have been trying for a week and always get the same error message. I have pasted it in normally, I have pasted it in as unformatted text, I have even typed it in. But I still get the same error message.

This is all I am trying to post. I have had to post it as an image for you to see it. I get this error quite often and I can never explain it.

Ozpaph

Reaction score
Thats wierd David. Never seen that problem.
TON charge way more for their suk flasks but these would be from Sam (probably TON parentage)

TrueNorth

Reaction score
I had the same problem this week. I had a 3 paragraph reply to a post and I kept getting a 500 internal server error. Playing around, I was able to post the first 2 paragraphs separately, but the 3rd paragraph would not post even a day later.

emydura

Reaction score
I had the same problem this week. I had a 3 paragraph reply to a post and I kept getting a 500 internal server error. Playing around, I was able to post the first 2 paragraphs separately, but the 3rd paragraph would not post even a day later.
Yes, if I delete a sentence from the above I can get it to post. I have had the same experience in the past. If you delete a couple of sentences or paragraph it will successfully post. It is difficult to see what was in the offending sentences that was stopping it from posting though.

naoki

Reaction score
I have seen this issue occasionally. There are some characters or a sentence which vBulletin doesn't like. I usually had to do the binary search to find the offending part. As David said, it is not clear why that particular part causes the problem. At first, I thought that it might be something to do with invisible characters from copy and paste, but it wasn't the case. After removing the sentence, I retype the same sentence, and it caused the same problem.

emydura

Reaction score
It doesn't like the first sentence after the cross name (Both parents are ...). I can post the rest but it won't allow the inclusion of that sentence. Even if I try to post that sentence on its own I get that error message. Can someone else try and post that sentence and see if they get the same error message.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Here it is! There is indeed a sticky about it in the photo forums. http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34342

There is a rule built in to keep the server running smoothly called a ModSecurity rule that the attachment process was tripping. Apparently the attachment file had an illegal naming convention in it. If the filename has a single or double quote in it, it trips this rule and generates an error.

When this is the case, then a simple rename of the file should allow you to upload the file.

Of course this is an issue for us because of the use of single quotation marks around clonal names.

For example, Tom's Phrag. vitattum 'Birchwood' jpg file had the quotes included in the name of the attachment which tripped the rule and caused the server error. When I removed the quotes around 'Birchwood', the photo uploaded just fine.

So, please make sure when uploading attachments that your files do not have single or double quotation marks in the file name.

emydura

Reaction score
I think this is a different issue. I'm not trying to attach anything. I just can't post this sentence (which doesn't have any apostrophe's) -

Both parents are selected ....... with over 30 in bloom.

I can post all of the words individually, so there doesn't appear to be any characters it doesn't recognise. I just can't post those words in combination.

Again, I ask someone to try and post this sentence in full and see if the same error is triggered.

Latest posts