Interesting plant

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Istvan, don't talk about the origin of this plant too loudly......otherwise you are the first candidate to talk with Tiffany about CITES. :cool:

Sign me up for the offspring! 😁 😁 😁

Ps. I'm glad you are not saying, that your friend dug the plant out himself! 😉

Pps. And head to Rudolf's advice: a raid on the greenhouse is an experience, one could live without! 🧐

I don t like to be a cites Saint.But just imagine a similar situation.One of your friend was walking in a flower market in Thailand and sent a question about buying some plant.A said of course, yes.But I will try to save pollen from weaker plant, just in bud, to the second, stronger plant for propagation.Just similar cooperation, I sent Mark pollen from wentworthianum for propagation, too.I think, this outways of law of CITES can be the real way for saving these species from extinction.Honestly i think authorities just **** on these problems. Laws say that trade of plants is forbidden, but how about local collecting, tradeing or destroying forests for industrial purpuses?

I don t like to be a cites Saint.But just imagine a similar situation.One of your friend was walking in a flower market in Thailand and sent a question about buying some plant.A said of course, yes.But I will try to save pollen from weaker plant, just in bud, to the second, stronger plant for propagation.Just similar cooperation, I sent Mark pollen from wentworthianum for propagation, too.I think, this outways of law of CITES can be the real way for saving these species from extinction.Honestly i think authorities just **** on these problems. Laws say that trade of plants is forbidden, but how about local collecting, tradeing or destroying forests for industrial purpuses?
You are right in every aspect. We who have access to rare plants should continue to propagate before they are forever lost.

CITES needs a revamp to allow hobbyists, breeders and institutions to continue our propagation. Even the originator of the CITES draft (Seiden.) knew it failed but was too late to stop or change it. The mole hill suddenly became a mountain.

Latest posts

Back