Interested!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'll just briefly introduce myself... I'm James and I am a 15 year old from Jakarta, Indonesia. I've been playing around with flasking since mid 2019 :) I'm quite interested in breeding some orchids now, especially Paphiopedilum. Currently I'm just making some Dendrobium, Vanda, Phalaenopsis and Cattleya's crosses with some considerations. Waiting for my Paphiopedilums to flower and make crosses...I mostly grow from cochlopetalum section and also a few multifloras. :)

Very impressive - can you share how you flask seeds? How do you maintain sterility? We could learn from what you’ve done so well.
sure
I'm just using a very simple aquarium/glovebox on it's side, inside is sprayed with a lot of alcohol, can be ethanol or isopropyl 70%, and all flask and tools are sprayed with some alcohol 70% on entering. I light a alcohol lamp inside. be careful, when you are not using to turn it off. all tools are soaking in 70 - 96% alcohol before using and pass over the flame to get rid of alcohol before planting. mouth of bottle is passed over the flame after you opening and before you closing. and technique is most important.

Hi, I'll just briefly introduce myself... I'm James and I am a 15 year old from Jakarta, Indonesia. I've been playing around with flasking since mid 2019 :) I'm quite interested in breeding some orchids now, especially Paphiopedilum. Currently I'm just making some Dendrobium, Vanda, Phalaenopsis and Cattleya's crosses with some considerations. Waiting for my Paphiopedilums to flower and make crosses...I mostly grow from cochlopetalum section and also a few multifloras. :)
Welcome from Spain. Wow, you have experience at your fiveteen!! Very impressive, hope you can improve with the advises of the great people with great knowledge in this forum. Enjoy!!

Welcome from Spain. Wow, you have experience at your fiveteen!! Very impressive, hope you can improve with the advises of the great people with great knowledge in this forum. Enjoy!!
thank you! That what I am looking for in this forum! new and good advices!

Latest posts

Back