insigne's

• Thread starter Eric Muehlbauer
  • Start date
Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

After taking a break last season, my insigne's have finally decided to bloom again. They are sanderianum (I believe...there seem to be some very tiny pinpoint spots on the dorsal, not visible in the picture, that I don't recall from the previous bloom) and the regular form, my old warhorse, which I have owned now for over 20 years....
Take care, Eric

The Vanda is Kultana Blue....I posted a picture of it on the Asda Princess Mikasa thread aweek or so ago, along with another Vanadceous type. I actually find Vanda's to be easy to grow and bloom...they just take up too much space. I own 4, and only one doesn't bloom regularly (although it has bloomed in the past). I give them as much light as I can, which is probably less than Vandas are supposed to get...spray mist them when I can, water when I remember...they get much better conditions in summer. Two of them are even in my cold room...partly due to not having space in the warmer rooms...an ascda that I have blooms at least 3 times a year...with better conditions it would bloom twice as much. I grow them in pots..a must when you don't have a greenhouse. If I only had the room, I'd grow lots more...they might be my favorite high-light non-slipper orchid. Take care, Eric

The yellow one (actually, its greener in real life...it will turn this shade of yellow as it fades) is labelled insigne "Sanderae" but I believe it is Sanderianum. Sanderae has noticeable spots on the dorsal.....sanderianum has none. This appears to have some pinpoint dots, very pale on the dorsal.Not really visible in this photo...as if it had a sprinkling of white pepper...Its also noticeably larger than standard insigne, in bloom....foliage is the same size...in fact, it may actually be smaller in plant size. Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back