Inocucor Garden Solution

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to be the sole North American retailer for the plant probiotic when it was produced in Montreal. Sadly, they ceased production in January of 2020. A European company - AlgaEnergy - apparently recently acquired the rights and is having it toll-manufactured in California.

While I am extremely pleased with Quantum-Total, I thought I'd look into Garden Solution again. I'm not sure if it's a blessing or curse.

(For those curious, HERE is my take on a comparison of the two products.)

I ordered several cases of Garden Solution one-liter bottles. As was the situation many years ago, but was resolved, they cannot seem to figure out how to ship the bottles without some of them leaking. That means several leaked, the labels on the intact bottles are stained and look like hell, and it means I have a lot of work to do cleaning them up upon arrival. Some even arrived without labels! To put it bluntly, it is a serious pain in the ass at a time when I'm trying to simplify my life, and is an aggravation I am not anxious to continue. I may-, or may not restock them going forward, but if you're willing to put up with those "foibles", here's the deal:

I have a limited number (some pristine, some stained, but all full and fresh) available for $30.00, including shipping. Arbico Organics charges less, but adds tax and shipping, so check the total before you order from either of us. However... Buy two for $25 each; 3 or more for $20 each - also including shipping. No further discounts permitted; the price is automatically adjusted in the shopping cart.

I'll take one. Just deflasked yesterday without innocucor and I didn't like the option. That stuff is magic. I'd take a chance on a leaky bottle. :)

Update: Ordered. Feel free to give me the worst looking one. Someday I'll try the other stuff.

On its way today, Rob.

Uline had sent me a shrink bag to try, to see if it will keep the cap from coming loose, and I used it on the cleanest bottle, so that’s the one you’re getting. More are arriving today for the others.

I know Dave Sorokowsky (Paph Paradise) also used it for deflating stuff (and Holger Perner, who tried it first), but I have no anecdotal knowledge of anyone using the Quantum product as such.

Latest posts

Back