"Inconvenient Truth" ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it and I liked it. There were bits that didn't fit in, about his family, but I thought it was good, nonetheless. Unfortunately, I had spent some coursework studying alternative urban futures, so much of it was repeat for me. There were parts, data and stuff, that was good to know. I recommended it to my family, who live in the suburb and drive everywhere, just so that they will know what's going on, too. The best thing was that it did give hope. Go see it. It's only a little over an hour.

adiaphane said:
I saw it and I liked it. There were bits that didn't fit in, about his family, but I thought it was good, nonetheless. Unfortunately, I had spent some coursework studying alternative urban futures, so much of it was repeat for me. There were parts, data and stuff, that was good to know. I recommended it to my family, who live in the suburb and drive everywhere, just so that they will know what's going on, too. The best thing was that it did give hope. Go see it. It's only a little over an hour.

That's kind of what I heard about it. People that are familiar with anthropogenic climate change will hear a lot of repeated information. However, I think this is one of the better ways to reach the general public.

Wogga said:
global warming is just as much bulls__t as al gore inventing the kampootar interweb

Out of the 928 articles about global warming in peer reviewed scientific journals published in the last decade, not a single one disagreed that climate change is a problem and that humans are the cause of it.

So basically, I think there are a lot of scientists you need to be contacting.

Wogga said:
psh! scientists shmientists!!
Never the less, the authors of those 928 articles really need to be notified that their mountains of empirical evidence are "bulls_t," and I think you're the man for the job. So get to it!

Wogga said:
i've got more important things to do - obsess over orchids and write books about narcissism and get drunk.

Ok then, back to the subject at hand. Has anyone else besides Tien seen this film?

You can hate Al Gore all you want...but Bush is the real c#@$ s!@#er, PERIOD. I hope a certain vice someone or another shoots a certain non-vice someone or another in the face...again. Al Gore will save the world, just you wait. And yes, I'm legally intoxicated as it's after 5 in the morning.

I am a huge fan of the Daily Show, as it may not be news per se, but it is sadly always honest. Now to find out what this movie is...

Jon
________
LEXUS IS SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:
Back