In-situ : paph bullenianum var.celebensis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Emmanuel

Hi!

just back from Sulawesi. I thought people may be insterested in these -rare- in situ photos.
It was located in the Central Sulawesi region, near the road, on a very steep moutain.

bullenianum.jpg

Close up
bullenianum2.jpg

Trip in Indonesia

In fact it was not an orchid-oriented trip...in my experience it is hard to find ,in such trip, local people that can bring you to them. They just don't know the places.

We visited first Lombok (near Bali) and climbed the Gunung Rinjani Volcano : veeeeeery hard !

Then Sulawesi : the toraja region with it very unique culture...

I had the opportunity to make a jungle excursion and see sangii or gigantifolium, but it seemed to be to hard for us...Wet, steep and long walk in the jungle...and the gigantifolium blooming season is december.

We went to togean island instead for diving : very nice !

beautiful photos! The second one is really attractive, in particular :) I love in-situ photos... such great information about growing conditions.

- Matt

Super photos!!

Congratulations on a wonderful trip!

Lucky you!!:clap::clap:

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. What was the weather like at the time, and how exposed was this location? Was there tree canopy over head? It looks like the plants are on an incline. Did you have a chance to dig around the plants at all to see what the soil was like?

Here are some new pics, so you can better see the whole moutain.
It was cloudy this day and temp around 25°C I think.
Ground was made of leaf litter and with some big sharp stone just under.
The plants were sometimes on stones and sometimes just over the ground.
Roots dont go deep in the soil.
bullenianum3.jpg

Here you can see snails eggs
bullenianum4.jpg

Look at the bottom left and find the flower
bullenianum5.jpg

bullenianum6.jpg

Latest posts

Back