In-Charm Gold

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chien

Reaction score
DSC00200resize.jpg

DSC00197_resize.jpg

DSCN3277.jpg

In-Charm Gold = Emerald x helenae
You can see different types of the same cross, complex x helenae, the first and the second one are very complex like, and the third one is very helenae like. All are not very large, but the first one is large in this cross, the DS is 6.5 cm.
Colors will become more and more yellow day by day.

They are all nice. The third looks more the the parent helenae, but I prefer the second one. Thanks

I find it interesting that the flowers have the aspect of a complex cross, but in reality the Paph helenae has strongly affected the shape and color. Paph Emerald is a near primary of Paph curtisii x Maudiae and evidently the albino version was used in this cross. Paph helenae seems to be quite dominant in breeding! If I didn't know the cross, I would have guessed Paph insigne as one parent.

I find it interesting that the flowers have the aspect of a complex cross, but in reality the Paph helenae has strongly affected the shape and color. Paph Emerald is a near primary of Paph curtisii x Maudiae and evidently the albino version was used in this cross. Paph helenae seems to be quite dominant in breeding! If I didn't know the cross, I would have guessed Paph insigne as one parent.
I copied the parents name from InCharm's website, and you remind me that I made a mistake, the parent is not Emerald, it should be Emerald Magic, that's complex type, and that can explain why some of them are so complex like. Thanks!

I copied the parents name from InCharm's website, and you remind me that I made a mistake, the parent is not Emerald, it should be Emerald Magic, that's complex type, and that can explain why some of them are so complex like. Thanks!

Yes, that is something totally different! Paph Emerald Magic is a yellow/green complex hybrid (Paph San Francisco x Paph Jolly Green Gem). I was a bit surprised that Paph helenae could diminish Paph Emerald so much........

This makes much more sense, and the Paph helenae still has a drastic effect on size, shape and color. How much does it reduce the plant size?

Very interesting flower. I quite like it really and would be interesting in getting one if they were available here.

This makes much more sense, and the Paph helenae still has a drastic effect on size, shape and color. How much does it reduce the plant size?
The helenae reduce the plant size a lot, most are only 15~20 for their leaf span, few are larger for double size.
Here are three new plants, I love the first one most.
DSCN3341.jpg

DSCN3342.jpg

DSCN3324.jpg

DSC00271_resize.jpg

You can see the plant size from this photo.

I too like 2nd photo -but

the others are ok really nice to see the difference here .your little display of 3 is also very interesting - what are the complex's names please ? -
Billie

the others are ok really nice to see the difference here .your little display of 3 is also very interesting - what are the complex's names please ? -
Billie
These are In-Charm Gold = Emerald Magic x helenae :)

Latest posts

Back