Impatient for spring

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
P4070002.jpg

Boy, Ron, we're a little ahead of you in Central VT. Here are some blooms I found on a walk around the neighborhood this afternoon.

Galanthus nivalis

Eranthus hyemalis
Crocus
Iris
Scilla sciberica

spring1ju4.jpg

spring2ep6.jpg

spring3ji4.jpg

spring4qm3.jpg

spring5in2.jpg

Not quite that warm here, but in the 70's for the past few days. Much welcomed after all that cold and snow we had this year.

Yoyo-Jo, I feel your pain!

Spring is here! Just south of the border. Took a wildflower walk the other day on a preserve owned by our local land trust.

Caltha palustris (and Equisetum arvense)
calthapalustriseo7.jpg

Trillium grandiflorum
triilliumgrandfo6.jpg

Trillium erectum
trilliumerectumxh9.jpg

Erythronium americanum
erythroniumin7.jpg

Hepatica nobilis var. acutiloba
hepaticahw2.jpg

Uvularia grandiflora
uvulariahf4.jpg

I also saw many other things growing but not in bloom and I found this little guy! It is the terrestrial form of our native spotted newt (I think). I'm a botanist, not a herpetologist. These red guys are called "efts" until they change into their adult aquatic stage.

redeftaz7.jpg

very nice...you seem to be 2 weeks behind me. Zone 3?

I always called them spotted salamanders. I saw some adults mating in the shallows of my pond...the ice couldn't have been off the pond for more than a day or so when I noticed them.

I love Hepatica! The first thing to bloom for me. I believe my Marsh Marigolds are still in bloom as well as the Trillium. I have a few painted trillium around too as well as the red and white ones.

I am fortunate to have all of these growing out in my woods.

Trillium undulatum (Painted Trillium)
Paintedtrillium.jpg

Spring arrived here in sunny Bakersfield, CA March 3, at exactly 1:08 PM. It was immediately followed by summer on March 3, at exactly 1:11 PM!

Latest posts

Back