• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Impatiens tuberosa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaphMadMan

phytomanic
Reaction score
Clearly not an orchid, but I know most of us orchid freaks have other horticultural interests as well so maybe someone can help me.

I'm looking for a source of seed for Impatiens tuberosa, a caudiciform species. A couple internet leads didn't pan out - out of stock with no idea when they will be able to get more, etc. So, if anyone else here has an interest in species Impatiens and knows a source for this species, or can recommend good sources for Impatiens species in general I'd be grateful.

Anne's Annuals in Oakland CA has a number of species - nyniamensis (god i can't spell that one), psittacina, maybe some more - you probably should call them or something, although those hippies can be a little flaky. I got a bunch of things from them and could have gotten alot more! the best source for impatiens species i've ever actually seen (although I'm sure there's better ones online or something)

Thanks for your reply Tim. I'm already on Annie's mailing list, and they do have some interesting species for garden plants, but not tuberosa, even among the many they show but do not have in stock. This species tends to be expensive as plants because they are slow to develop the caudex that makes them distinctive, and plants from cuttings never do develop one. Hence my interest in starting from seed myself.

k then...try great petaluma desert - google it...

they have the best caudiciforms I've seen and the owner is very nice, knowledgeable, and connected. he might either have it or know where to get it...

Back