I'm pretty sure Matt Gore never sleeps.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon in SW Ohio said:
Maybe he made the same mistake I made and bought the first two seasons of House and can't resist watching just...one...more...

Jon

:rollhappy: House, yes that must be it. It's all Hugh Laurie's fault!

The intense young man stood watching the sunset over the mountains of Rocky Mountain National Park which he could see from his vantage point in Fort Collins. His demeanor was proud; stubborn—but a careful observer might detect just a bit of weariness. He stood with his face to the cold wind; his Fabio-esque hair flying free. It was not easy to be Matt Gore; but most people didn’t realize just the price that he paid.

As he reflected, he thought of how the cold wind was a metaphor for his life, for his crusade. How lonely it was! But if he didn’t do it, who would? Someone needed to face the cold winds of the Internet. Someone needed to stay vigilant.

Sure, let them snicker at Slipper Talk! They could never understand his zeal; his mission! How could they know of all those depending on him? The orphans, the rare orchids, the misunderstood girlfriends!

His chiseled features caught the last light of the day as he donned his light tube headdress. Soon it would be night, and the battle would begin in earnest. When others were sleeping, why that was when he was most needed! A few scars spoke of the battles he had already been in. The determined glint still lit his eyes. Yes, let them laugh; there was still a job to be done. It was not easy to be an Internet legend. It was not easy to be Matt Gore. :p

I remember one time i got caught in the ultimate battle of ultimate destiny. all of a sudden, mr rogers roundhouse kicked godzilla, and was shortly thereafter dealt a mean load of shaq fu. shag was quickly beheaded/bespined by chuck norris, who proceeded to sip the marrow from shaqs spinal chord. all who witnessed thought the violence was over...
That was of course, until Matt Gore rode in. He said unto Chuck Norris -

"Norris!! The day has come! You must die, for I ALONE am best!"
Noone survived the ensuing aftermath. It was said that the shockwaves produced by the punches were equivalent to that of 50 atomic bombs all at once. In the end, nothing remained but the roaches, out of which Matt Gore shortly made a delicious chocolate fondue. After this, he hopped upon his faithful steed, Babe the blue tyrannosaurus, sparked up a bowl, and could be heard for miles to proclaim
"I am Matt Gore... HEAR ME ROAR!!!"
They say whatever survived the ultimate battle of ultimate destiny was destroyed by the shockwaves of Matt's voice rumbling through the mountains. This is also why Mt. St. Helen's blew up - the seizmic vibrations were that powerful.

Matt later said in an interview that it reminded him of when he was in the soviet union. He got into a staring contest with the Berlin Wall, and actually stared it down. The Germans to this day celebrate the anniversary of that day as their independence day.

The birthmark on Gorbachev's head is actually a stain. When Matt Gore met him, and scared him into disbanding the USSR, in victory Matt dropped a Cleveland Steamer right on Gorbachev's head, and that is the permanent stain that it left. Gorbachev says he LOVED it.

Equestris said:
The intense young man stood watching the sunset over the mountains of Rocky Mountain National Park which he could see from his vantage point in Fort Collins. His demeanor was proud; stubborn—but a careful observer might detect just a bit of weariness. He stood with his face to the cold wind; his Fabio-esque hair flying free. It was not easy to be Matt Gore; but most people didn’t realize just the price that he paid.

As he reflected, he thought of how the cold wind was a metaphor for his life, for his crusade. How lonely it was! But if he didn’t do it, who would? Someone needed to face the cold winds of the Internet. Someone needed to stay vigilant.

Sure, let them snicker at Slipper Talk! They could never understand his zeal; his mission! How could they know of all those depending on him? The orphans, the rare orchids, the misunderstood girlfriends!

His chiseled features caught the last light of the day as he donned his light tube headdress. Soon it would be night, and the battle would begin in earnest. When others were sleeping, why that was when he was most needed! A few scars spoke of the battles he had already been in. The determined glint still lit his eyes. Yes, let them laugh; there was still a job to be done. It was not easy to be an Internet legend. It was not easy to be Matt Gore. :p

Wowww!! You should be a professional romance novelist. Do one with me in it:clap: :clap:

The site is only down because Matt Gore spent too much time online, and his radioactive aura fried the server.

Matt Gore is so strong he can make a weight that even God cant lift, then he lifts it.

Well, I'm somewhat relieved to see that this thread has died down, though it was pretty funny for a while :)

Now, I get to tell you a little bit of the truth about myself. So, here goes. Zach was right, at least in part. I've been a chronic insomniac since I was about 8 years old. It comes and goes, so sometimes I get plenty of sleep, and then there are weeks like this one when I don't get much sleep and end up getting a little cranky. Even on good nights, I like to sleep about 6 or 7 hours a night. Let me tell you, my SO loves my sleeping habits. :|

However, I'm not 8 feet tall. Zach was wrong about that. I'm just a hair over 6 feet tall... but I'm thin so people sometimes think I'm taller than I am.

Equestris' post reminded me of this photo of myself, and also reminded me that I've never posted a photo of myself, so I might as well put a face to my name.

jmg2.jpg

This is a photo that my housemate took of me about a month after I moved to Fort Collins, 3 years ago. Looking out over the foothills, as equestris said :)

And since you can't see much of my face, here's one that my SO took of me last year for my season pass for Winter-Park/Copper Mountain ski areas. I was only 30 then; I just turned 31 in November.

jmg1.jpg

I hope that this puts to rest any crazy ideas that you may have picked up about me from this thread :)

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

Latest posts

Back