I'll never catch up with Rick H, but...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Psychopsis Kalihi (papilio x kramerianum) got Best of Show and an AM/AOS at the Traverse City show this past weekend. It got a little tangled up in transit back, but I wanted to photograph it before the flowers started fading.

Psychopsis_Kalihi-plant.jpg

Wow, Dot! That's wonderful! Congratulations!!! "Tangled in transit back"? Did you transport it to and from the show; or was someone else doing that for you? The blooms look pretty good in the photo; but, I guess you're telling us that there is some mechanical damage that it more evident in person? Too bad.

Wow, Dot! That's wonderful! Congratulations!!! "Tangled in transit back"? Did you transport it to and from the show; or was someone else doing that for you? The blooms look pretty good in the photo; but, I guess you're telling us that there is some mechanical damage that it more evident in person? Too bad.
Well, the spikes were already going every which way. I tried to straighten them up a bit before sending the plant to the show at the last minute. I think some of the spikes came off their support wires, and I didn't help it when I picked it up from the person who put the show together. I got it to my greenhouse late in the day, and I decided to photograph it as is rather than try to straighten things up because of time constraints. It looks OK -- it just looked a little better in the display.

In many ways you have surpass me Dot! I could never do what you've accomplished with this hybrid and many others in your care! Congraulations on both awards!

Wow! :clap: What an amazing plant!
Congratulations Dot, it is a magical display!

Latest posts

Back