Iiiiiiii’m dreaming of a whiiiiiiiite (longifolium alba) Christmas!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an impressingly beautiful orchid. Is there somewhere a crossing with besseae flava? That could be interesting, some kind of a white/yellow Eric Young.

Phrag. Eric Young (longifolium fma album x besseae fma flavum) was the first hybrid we made using the albinistic longifolium, trying to get a pure yellow flower. Unfortunately, all the flowers ended up with varying amounts of pink in the pouch and petals.

Hah Charles, my longifolium 'Super Charlie' just opened its 16th bloom. Now it's a
real competition. ;>)

Hello Angela, that’s pretty impressive! But I don’t know if it’s much of a fair competition since mine seems still a pup compared to ‘Charlie’ :)
But, perhaps I should pile on the miracle-gro and get a spot sun lamp (or sneak it into one of the greenhouses at work) and see if I can ‘supersize’ it some :D

Last edited:
Mine only has two growths, but they're BIG growths. I did add LED grow lights in
my gh and I fertilize every watering with K-Lite (quite weak solution). If you have
access to a gh at work, by all means sneak it in. I envy you that job you know.

They’re getting close to an alba type roth by crossing an alba form of philippense onto it, then selfing the progeny. First stage of an nice alba st swithin is complete. There are photos on Facebook. Next you need to repeat the two stage process to produce an alba plant that is at least 75% roth. Some of these should look close to an alba roth.

Back