Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Hey all, just an FYI. If there is any forum member that you want to ignore you can go to the User CP in the upper left corner of the menu bar and scroll down the left sidebar to "buddy/ignore list". From there you just need to add the person's username to your ignore list and you will no longer see their posts. You can also remove this at any time in the future.

With another year until the US election, I'd prefer people to use these lists rather than continue reporting posts. Obviously if it is really a problem, please let me know but some of this can be avoided by just not reading the political stuff going on these days.

cnycharles

Peloric keiki
Reaction score
Just don't watch the news... Amazing how much more peaceful life can be (relatively so that is :) )

TyroneGenade

mad scientist
Reaction score
Just don't watch the news... Amazing how much more peaceful life can be (relatively so that is :) )
I watch NHK world news. 5 minutes of news between documentaries of Japan nature, culture and cooking and some ancient history. Always very positive spin on everything. Much better than US news channels.

cnycharles

Peloric keiki
Reaction score
Oh that's right, I do occasionally more recently watch the Japanese and a few other national news shows, much different than u.s.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
Study the Holocaust for five years..that will put current events into perspective that is more detached ( I am not actually suggesting this, I wouldn't wish it on anyone)

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Right on, Ed. Hate to say it but we have it easy folks. I know for a fact we have members dealing with much more important life issues here. Suck it up or ignore it. It could be a lot worse!

troy

Reaction score
Ed you are referring to the holocsust, not much different than the treatment to the native americans by the settlers, the gatling gun decimated whole tribes from a tripod, medicine man, women, babies, everybody, then the remainders childeren got taken stripping away language & heritage and given to the white man to be the better race

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Again, folks. Please refrain from reporting posts. I'm not going to be censoring posts unless they are obscene/spam, etc. If you don't want to see posts by someone, please use your ignore list thoughtfully. Thank you.

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I like to hear everyone's opinion and I'm not thin-skinned.
Bring it on Clark. ;>)

ehanes7612

Reaction score
Ed you are referring to the holocsust, not much different than the treatment to the native americans by the settlers, the gatling gun decimated whole tribes from a tripod, medicine man, women, babies, everybody, then the remainders childeren got taken stripping away language & heritage and given to the white man to be the better race
There are common threads in all Genocides, the main one being the intentional destruction of a culture.

cnycharles

Peloric keiki
Reaction score
unfortunately there is no land that hasn't had some other group of persons come along and strip away who was in front of them. I am all for groups living together and not feeling like they need to wipe out those who are already in a place because they feel they are 'better'

troy

Reaction score
Any tyrant ruler group are expected to rule instilling fear in the majority

C

Clark

Its gotta suck going through life with thin skin, stamping one's feet over baby ****.

Boo hoo hoo.
Boo hoo hoo.

:rollhappy:

Latest posts