ID needed...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
i bought these 2 paphs a few months ago... they were supposedly hookerae and bullenianum. but after reading Emmanuels's thread about bullenianum in'situ, i think the seller may have mislabelled both of them. The foliage of my 'hookerae' closely resembles the ones in the 1st photo of Emmanuel's thread.. on the other hand, the leaves of the 'bullenianum' resemble paph volonteanum posted by Matt Gore.. there is a little reddish colouration under the leaves, and they are held rather erect, like paph callosum. what do you think? thank you..
1. the 'hookerae' (whole plant):
IMG_0848.jpg

the 'hookerae' (leaf mottling):
IMG_0867.jpg

2. the 'bullenianum' (whole plant):
IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

the 'bullenianum' (leaf mottling):
IMG_0864.jpg

The hookerae certainly looks like mine ... and I think this typical both in leaf shape and colour. As for the bullenianum ... this is a complex "species" with many variants ... some of which have been described as separate species ... amabile, linii, johorense, celebesense, tortipetalum and robinsonii ... Cribb doesn't accept them as separate species apart from robinsonii which he thinks may be a hybrid. I don't think that you should distrust the labelling on the basis of the leaves ... wait for the flowers !!
Cheers,
Tim

Latest posts

Back