I'd like to rant and ***** for

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At my last employer where they sold many plug trays of mostly native perennials they stapled the tags to the tray
Of course that didn't help if you were using hedge clippers to cut back the top growth and the tag was cut also

Elmer Nj

We tried the staple thing one year and customers tore the
pots up trying to get them off. *roll eyes* That's just one of
the reasons we sold the garden center. Loved the business...
hated dealing with the public.

Eric, I've emailed and called the Fischers and get no answer. That's two vendors I've just given up on.

We tried the staple thing one year and customers tore the
pots up trying to get them off. *roll eyes*

Lol I did the same thing at work a few days ago. Was told the big 't' tags were loose and had to face towards the door. Saw one pointing elsewhere and couldn't get it out and the top came off the tag (it was stapled, not supposed to be unless it was bought from somewhere else)

Lately met a few people who'd had their own garden businesses and they gave up and started working for others because of customer issues (and weather). Wholesale does limit that a lot unless you decide to sell to big box customers, then you have giant headaches instead of lots of little ones :) :(

The things like people taking tags out of pots, buying things somewhere else then killing it and bringing to you for a refund, people demanding a deal on prices, being difficult or obnoxious, bringing pets to sales areas, coming and asking advice for plants bought somewhere else and not buying anything from you, not following any given instructions for care then expecting refund, putting things in enclosed vehicles in sun or in back with no tarp and expecting refund when they die or look really bad complain to everyone what bad things you sell
Etc etc

I hated the two months I worked in orchid retail (seattle orchid)...they have a great business plan..but , you just cant escape those customers who feel entitled to everything

All these responses make me giggle now that I don't
have to put up with it anymore. My favorite story is the
couple who wanted their home landscaped with plants
they wouldn't have to water. This was right in the middle
of one of those hot summer mini-droughts. Whatchagonnado?

Regarding selling field grown trees, the big box stores set your
prices for you too. They also don't like the proper sized root
balls for the trees they sell. Oy vey!

Latest posts

Back