I waited too long

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I had all 5 of these pearcei seedlings stuck in the same Solo cup a year or so ago, and I noticed a spike on one, so I thought it was time to give them their own pots. The one with the spike had 9 growths of various sizes. There was no organic media left, just a few pieces of charcoal and sponge rock. I repotted in semihydro.

so what did you wait too long on now? they look fine. they probably appreciated being underpotted for a bit.

so what did you wait too long on now? they look fine. they probably appreciated being underpotted for a bit.

A bit sarcastic, but I bet I could of got blooming last year if I spread them out sooner. I looked up when I got them back from TMeyers and that was 1/2005. There was almost nothing but roots and the plants are pale compared to the parents. I think they were definitely over crowded for the past six months.

are these the same as what I got from you? mine are about the same size, but I split them up at least a year ago in s/h. I know I'm too lazy, so I split as soon as possible or when ever I get that feeling to do so work.

I'll take one. All the pearcei I've been given [I generally wouldn't by a 'green' phrag] have scale so I'd like to try one w/out the little buggers! :mad:

are these the same as what I got from you? mine are about the same size, but I split them up at least a year ago in s/h. I know I'm too lazy, so I split as soon as possible or when ever I get that feeling to do so work.
Yup they are from the same batch. I had a couple of the larger ones that I potted up singly from the start. They tried blooming last year but blasted.

Latest posts

Back