I think it's going to do it!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving along. The younger growths are also putting up some new leaves. This plant has lots of momentum

emersoniibudprogress.jpg

That is nice. What was the leaf span when you got it and now?

It was maybe 3". Not long out of flask when purchased. It's about 10" now with a total of 4 growths. There have been a few other new growths that started and aborted over the years.

Actually measured it this morning, and its actually 12", but I think it was a lot smaller when it started putting on new growths.

Last edited:
Beautiful flower! I can't wait for my seedling to grow and flower in the next 7 years as my seedling is 6 inches across and has doubled in size since I got it.

Paphman910

Lovely.
Is that "semi basket culture" :)

It's in a plain old 2" plastic pot. It's so top heavy I set it in the basket to make sure it didn't fall over.

It's been a long time since I repotted this plant. I doubt if any of the original CHC that was in the mix is left. I kept topping up with sand, leca, and sponge rock when the mix level dropped. For the last year, I've been top dressing with some shredded leaves and sand to put some organics back into the pot.

Latest posts

Back